Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest pix of 83 Kat resto

Comment

Let me guess, Por 15 Black engine paint and Por -15 Hard nose light grey on the frame?

If not looks great anyway. The polished cases look really good.

Nice work. Are you going to need to replace any major faring parts or is it all restorable?
      Nice work again.

Jim

Comment

I like the contrasts of all the different finishes. I'm sure it'll look great when it's all done. Very clean.
        1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Cripes, that looks good!
          Nice work there Phil, keep it up. Love that frame colour

Comment

No, all the panels were intact and no damage, thanks for replies, I'll post 2 pix of what it looked like when it got dropped off (non runner)

Comment

Looking good..can't wait to see the finished bike.

Comment

VERY nicely done!!!

Comment

What started out looking like such a Buck Rogers machine when they were new, sure has stood the test of time. That was a visionary design that so many people (at the time) panned, but a bike I always thought was very bold and daring. Still looks great, and that's really a nice example.
                  1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

good looking work youve done ...like it alot ....1 question though ....whats the deal with the oil filter cover ....i mean i know what its for ....but why ?

Comment

Originally posted by saffa View Post
                      good looking work youve done ...like it alot ....1 question though ....whats the deal with the oil filter cover ....i mean i know what its for ....but why ?
                      I noticed that too. I presumed he's going to hook an aftermarket oil cooler in there. Building this bike for some serious riding huh Phil?

Comment

yeah ...but the 1100 motor already has all the necessary plumbing facilities in place ...its a case of installing a diversion bung to make it work efficiently ....that just seems like trying to reinvent whats been provided..

dunno ....just my thoughts

Comment

Wow

THAT LOOK REALLY GOOD MAN. AND DID YOU BUY OR MAKE THE OIL COOLER PLATE ON THE MOTOR? VERY NICE JOB ON YOUR BIKE KEEP UP THE WORK AND KEEP THE PHOTOS COMING.

Comment

Why come when I look at the oil filter cover I feel like someone is flipping me the bird two times, Oh stupid me, I'm a cop, duh.
                            Excellent word there sir, love the detail, and attention wish I had the time and resources to do the same. It should be outstanding can't wait to see the finished product.

Comment

Nice.........

Comment

Working...
                              X