Made some new rear-sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made some new rear-sets

Stole these foot pegs and brackets from an 06 GSXR1000. The bolt holes come real close to lining up, but I had to elongate the holes a little bit, A bracket also was needed to tilt the master cylinder rearward in order to clear the frame.
    The shifter side needed the same hole widening process, and the shift rod needed to be shortened.

how do they compare to where the oem ones were located? are they higher or the same? farther back?
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

i would like to know that also. man they look pretty darn slick. good job!

Comment

Can we see a pic of the entire bike? I interested to see where they line up.

Comment

The pegs are at the same height as stock, just set back 5"

Comment

Very nice. Your bike just gets better and better.

I'll probably be stealing this idea for mine.

Comment

Looks cool actually, better than putting your feet on the back pegs at least.

Did you cut some foam out of your seat or is it normally that low?

Comment

Did you cut some foam out of your seat or is it normally that low?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I cut a huge chunk out of the original "flat" seat.

Comment

Those look cool.

I see you've done some work there, I dig the forks big time, but I don't know you're getting so much power out of an 8 valve engine. Those kind of upgrades belong on a 16 valve bike. I would think those high handlebars are a mismatch for those setbacks too, your feet are moved back so your hands, arms and shoulders should be moved down to match.
                  I'm working out the same issues on a bike of my own, so don't mind my thinking out loud.
                  Bill
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Tell about those wheels.
                    Tire sizes?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                      Tell about those wheels.
                      Tire sizes?
                      I would like to know this info also.

Comment

I've asked him that same question about 3 times... It's a stock GS rear with a wide 17" rim on it with a Harley front hub that he laced a 19" rim to match the rear too.

There are better pics to show them off too.. do a search against his prior posts.

Dan
                        1980 GS1000G - Sold
                        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Close, but its a 18 rear. The rest is correct. Sun (Buchanan's) aluminum rims with 160/60/18 and 120/70/19.

Comment

Nice bike, what year 750?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                              I see you've done some work there, I dig the forks big time, but I don't know you're getting so much power out of an 8 valve engine. Those kind of upgrades belong on a 16 valve bike. I would think those high handlebars are a mismatch for those setbacks too, your feet are moved back so your hands, arms and shoulders should be moved down to match.
                              I'm working out the same issues on a bike of my own, so don't mind my thinking out loud.
                              Bill
                              Bah, you can get pleanty of power out of an 8v motor...and besides, those mods arent about the motor, theyre about making the power that motor makes STICK in the corners... You can put your big bore kits and what not on your bike, make 140HP, but fat lot of good that does if you can only stick 50% of it in the corners... That bike just MIGHT be FASTER than alot of bikes in the corners simply because he can use MORE of the available power...

Comment

Working...
                              X