Tach/speedo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tach/speedo project

Finally got rid of the rect. headlight and added Acewell gauge along with Daytona bars on my '81 GS750E.

'81 GS750E - Gone but fondly remembered.
    '03 DR650
    sigpic

Looks good mate!
    Cheers

Comment

what was the web site you got that from i like it maybe it will look good on mine to!

Comment

Looks great !

Comment

that looks cool as hell, fast question maybe im just going to show how dumb i am but how did you hook up the speedo and rpm?? (were they cable drive stock??)
          Last edited by Guest; 06-08-2009, 10:26 AM.

Comment

gauges

yes they are cable drive but i did kinda the same thing on my bike. the tech reads off the coil's. and the speedo should use a kind of magnet set up that mounts on the rim. just like bell sports use's on the pedal bike speedo's

if im wrong please tell me. and where did you get that? would go great on my streetfighter

Originally posted by beingblueeyes View Post
            that looks cool as hell, fast question maybe im just going to show how dumb i am but how did you hook up the speedo and rpm?? (were they cable drive stock??)

Comment

Got it from Electrosport http://www.electrosport.com/speedometers/
              I liked the Koso gauges better but they are too pricey. The speedo uses a pickup that screws into the stock speedo cable drive at the front wheel.
              '03 DR650
              sigpic

Comment

Forgot to say that you will need to make your own custom mount for the gauge, it comes with a mount plate but it doesn't work very well.
                '03 DR650
                sigpic

Comment

Really like how that fits in there, nice job! Only question I have is about the stock Tach cable where it attaches to the block. What happened there, did you cover it up, or what did you do to disable the cable, gear, and mount at the head?

I've been contemplating this mod, and you're the first GS'er I've seen do it!

loudest143

Comment

For the tach drive in the cover I used a plug (26442-45000) and seal (26451-45000) from a '83 GS1100S. You can look them up here http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm I was able to get them for less at my local Suzuki dealer.
                    '03 DR650
                    sigpic

Comment

That looks very nice! How did the lights for signals, oil, neutral, and fuel gauge wire up?

Comment

You just find the wires from the OEM setup and make the connections - not too hard really, of course you will need the wiring diagram from a shop manual for your particular bike. The unit comes with a wiring diagram and instructions on setup although the unit is made in Thailand or some such place can't remember, the translation leaves a little to be desired as you would imagine.
                        '03 DR650
                        sigpic

Comment

Good thread, nice job. That looks real good.

Comment

Working...
                          X