Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little spit and elbow grease make a difference.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little spit and elbow grease make a difference.

Yep, as the title says, oh what a difference a little spit, elbow grease...as well as love can do. I bought this from an older fellow that never cleaned it. He lived miles up a chip tar gravel road. The front of the engine hardly had any paint left on it. Bike was stored in a garage for 3 years when I bought it from him. I removed windshield, trunk, and side bags and started cleaning. I'm not finished, just getting started...

A couple before's, but not right after I first got it..I had cleaned it some in these pictures...

And a couple after...

I'd love to have a pair of raised white letter tires, but I'm not having any luck at all finding them. I have money for anyone who would have a pair they'd be willing to get rid of that's in good shape. When I paint the tank and side covers, I think I'll go back with a silver or charcoal gray pinstripe. But, like I said, the bikes a work in progress..

Nicely detailed, fine job you did there.
    What's the front lamp off? I like that flat backed look.

Comment

Originally posted by yaddy View Post
      Nicely detailed, fine job you did there.
      What's the front lamp off? I like that flat backed look.
      I'm not exactly sure what it's off of yaddy. I got it from a member here on the forum and he said it was off a GS850GT. I looked at the fiche and it never looked to me to match up to that.

I got a good deal on it, and it's in good shape...I knew someone would notice. I needed it because after I removed the fairing I was left without the headlight and signals.

Thanks !

Comment

Wow !! That really does look nice. I have some Dunlop K491 Elite IIs that are RWL but I dont think they make them in our sizes anymore.
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
          Wow !! That really does look nice. I have some Dunlop K491 Elite IIs that are RWL but I dont think they make them in our sizes anymore.
          Thanks Dave.

Yes sir, I saw the tires that's on your bike, I like those man...sharp looking. I searched and they appear a little pricy, but I'm sure they are worth it. Just not in my budget at this time, maybe in the near future, if they can still be found.

I was shooting for a set of Bridgestone S11's.. I searched high and low, and found them listed on Ron Ayers so I put in an order. My joy soon turned to sorrow, because about two days later they sent me an email informing me that the tires had been discontinued and they would be refunding my money.

Comment

Originally posted by errorcauser View Post
            I'm not exactly sure what it's off of yaddy. I got it from a member here on the forum and he said it was off a GS850GT. I looked at the fiche and it never looked to me to match up to that.

I got a good deal on it, and it's in good shape...I knew someone would notice. I needed it because after I removed the fairing I was left without the headlight and signals.

Thanks !
            Man your bike looks great. The headlight was on a 850L parts bike I have. It might be off a Honda V45 Sabre. The PO was trying to fit a set of Sabre forks to the GL. Glad you got your bike on the road. Again looks great.
            80 GS850GT " Are we having fun yet! "

Comment

Originally posted by Bill C. View Post
              Man your bike looks great. The headlight was on a 850L parts bike I have. It might be off a Honda V45 Sabre. The PO was trying to fit a set of Sabre forks to the GL. Glad you got your bike on the road. Again looks great.
              Thanks for the compliments Bill. I still have more rubbing and cleaning to do on the header pipes. I got tired of all the rubbing and figured I'd finish them later after I had them installed back on the bike. I'm going to start on the front wheel and bottom fork legs next.

I don't care what the headlights off of now, I'm spoiled... It gives off killer light at night...lights everything up. Thank you for a great deal on that headlight, and the fast shipping.

It's honest folks like you that make this fourm a great place.

Comment

Working...
              X