GS650 custom chop/bob whatever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS650 custom chop/bob whatever

So my bike is pretty much finished, at least for now. Just got doing the new paint and making the new seat. Been working on it for about a year and a half. This site has been an amazing resource during the course of building this thing.

Lot of detail work .. looks sharp !

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
      Lot of detail work .. looks sharp !
      Agreed, very nice work.
      How do you operate the lights or are they on all the time? Ignition, kill switch?

Comment

Bravo--LESS IS MORE!

Comment

Originally posted by yaddy View Post
          Agreed, very nice work.
          How do you operate the lights or are they on all the time? Ignition, kill switch?
          Over the winter I re-wired the bike and removed anything that wasn't necessary. No tach or speedo. I installed a new barrel ignition key switch which you can see in the pic under the seat. The kill switch, push button start and hi-low beam switch are all mounted in front of the gas tank, right by the neck.

Comment

Not my style of bike, but it looks incredibly well-done.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Tight! I dig the paint.
              First time I've seen a sporty tank look good on a frame with the weird "W" backbone.

Comment

ho.... ly.... ****.

makes mine look like it came out of a swamp.

Comment

I love the custom details of the ignition key and electrics on the side, a really nice touch. If I have the energy for it with my own project I would like to steal your idea. It is that kind of simplicity that I am looking for Inspirational!!

Cheers

Comment

THat thing is sweet

Comment

How does it run with those pod filters? Did you use a Dynojet kit or sort it through yourself?

Comment

Interesting bike. Just one question - how does the tach and speedo fall into the 'not important' category?

The words 'speeding ticket' come to mind.

Comment

If you need a speedo to worry about a ticket yur either riding like a squid or you don't have any experience.. The word "dumbass " comes to mind. I have NEVER gotten a speding ticket on a cycle A tach is simply another guage to watch, anybody who has rode a bike for very long can judge their engine speed without a tach regardless of the bike.. NICE BUILD!!!!! WTF is a TACH or SPEEDO !!!!!
                          Last edited by Guest; 06-17-2009, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Where did you get the barrel key ignition from?

Comment

Originally posted by atb1998 View Post
                              If you need a speedo to worry about a ticket yur either riding like a squid or you don't have any experience.. The word "dumbass " comes to mind. I have NEVER gotten a speding ticket on a cycle A tach is simply another guage to watch, anybody who has rode a bike for very long can judge their engine speed without a tach regardless of the bike.. NICE BUILD!!!!! WTF is a TACH or SPEEDO !!!!!
                              Whatever!!! If you can gauge your speed at all times without a speedo you're a better man than I.

Who are you, Rainman?

Comment

Working...
                              X