Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my headers re-coated...Yoo Hoo!!! Nice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my headers re-coated...Yoo Hoo!!! Nice!

Just got my headers back from the ceramic coaters today...

Can't wait to remount these babies....

The before pic:

I think I'll send out the SuperTrapps on the red bike for black cerachrome soon...
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

They look great! Can I ask what it cost to coat them. I'm getting tired of repainting mine every month with paint and am looking at ceramic coating for this years winter project, thanks Ted

Comment

Originally posted by knotzilla View Post
      They look great! Can I ask what it cost to coat them. I'm getting tired of repainting mine every month with paint and am looking at ceramic coating for this years winter project, thanks Ted
      Just over $200....that includes stripping off the old coating and rust.

I found a couple of places that would do them for $150-175, but this place came recommended and it's somewhat local.

Comment

Very nice Bob!!! Were they coated with the same stuff before? If not, don't be surprised to see the bike pick up half a tenth or so! That looks like a STAR pipe, is it? Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
          Very nice Bob!!! Were they coated with the same stuff before? If not, don't be surprised to see the bike pick up half a tenth or so! That looks like a STAR pipe, is it? Ray.
          It is a Star pipe, Ray...Suppose to be a good pipe, yes?

It was ceramic coated before, but it was in bad shape....

Comment

It is a good pipe. Have you run it before or did you just get it & getting ready to run it now? Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
              It is a good pipe. Have you run it before or did you just get it & getting ready to run it now? Ray.
              They were on the bike when I bought it...been wanting to recoat them for the past couple of years...

Comment

Bob I wanna coat my SuperTrapp...are these guys local to you? If so, if I sent you my pipe (just the head pipes) you think you could take them out to them? I would pay for your time and all, I just would rather that if you go down there personally, you then know what needs to be done, rather than me talking to them onthe phone and getting back something that isnt up to snuff... Let me know! Thanks!

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                  Bob I wanna coat my SuperTrapp...are these guys local to you? If so, if I sent you my pipe (just the head pipes) you think you could take them out to them? I would pay for your time and all, I just would rather that if you go down there personally, you then know what needs to be done, rather than me talking to them onthe phone and getting back something that isnt up to snuff... Let me know! Thanks!

Josh
                  Josh,

I'd be glad to help if I could, but they are about an hour or so away from me and are only open during the week...so I ended up using UPS, otherwise I would've had to take time off work.
                  It was only about $10 to ship since I live so close.

The picture doesn't show it, but you can still see the pitting where they were the rustyist...nothing they could do about that.

Here is their web site if you want to call them and see if they can do what you want.

I would think you would have someone local to you...powder coaters are everywhere...

Comment

Oh my ! Those will look great on your bike !

Comment

Before, (they look much worse in person now, as this pic is about two years old):

After:

Still need to tighten up the bolts and add the megaphone, but I like the way they look....

Comment

That looks very nice! Is that exhaust for a race only application?

Comment

Originally posted by dr_fosg8 View Post
                          That looks very nice! Is that exhaust for a race only application?
                          I believe so...notice how far they stick out from the front of the frame.
                          With a stock frame I think you would get interference with the front fender.

Comment

Working...
                          X