how about a thread for 70's bikes besides suzukis's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how about a thread for 70's bikes besides suzukis's

I own a 1978 xs 1100. a 77 xs 1100 and 76 xs 500 which i just purchased. my other bike s all newer. All run and are riders

In my ventures onto other forums I have discovered many other members from the GSR. It would seem that most of us like to get our mits on just about anything on two wheels, although I think you are right that most of us have a soft spot for the old stuff.

I give this Idea a thumbs up. Regardless of what you ride, I have come to really enjoy this community, so why not talk about the other loves in our life?

I personally own nothing from the 70's, except may be my lawn mower, which still has the original oil in it, I might add.

Comment

Originally posted by atb1998 View Post
      I own a 1978 xs 1100. a 77 xs 1100 and 76 xs 500 which i just purchased. my other bike s all newer. All run and are riders
      Well, *I* dont mind, as I have riden at least ONE bike from the big four UJMs in my time. However, seeing as this is a Suzuki board, i dunno...

However, You MIGHT enjoy checking out 8TrackMind's (Fellow GSR member) site Classic UJM. its geared toward ALL makes of 70s and 80s bikes, not just the GS. Quite a few GSR members have other makes, and quite a few of us are also on that board. Plus, there are no religulous or politiculous threads allowed on that board Oh...and dont go asking jetting questions either...LOL

Comment

See the forum UJM classic

Comment

Been over to UJM a few times. thanks for the advise. Just wondering what other old bikes members here might also have.Kind of like the 80's bike thread. Or is the passion mostly suzuki. Myself, i have no brand loyalty. Just like old 70's bikes

Comment

78 kawasaki KZ650

Had fun fixing this up. Paid $260. for the bike back in Febuary. Has about a grand in parts. So not that great of a deal, but I enjoyed making it look good.

Comment

I have a 77' Honda CB750...its a cafe project that was in storage since 1982..It was given to me last year, I quickly cleaned the carbs, changed the oil and plugs and she fired on the first kick..man I love these old bikes!!

Heres my Honda CM400A Hondamatic too..

Comment

I have two '79 Honda FL250 Odyssey's

And two Yamaha GT80's for the kids...one '78 and one '80

I'd eventually like to find a '78 Kawi Z1-R to restore.
                85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

I always wanted an Odyssey when I was a kid..how cool! Does it move along pretty good?

Jeff (teet)

Comment

Originally posted by teet View Post
                    I always wanted an Odyssey when I was a kid..how cool! Does it move along pretty good?

Jeff (teet)
                    Yeah, they run pretty good. These have the FL250 2-stroke engines.

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Very cool! Looks like a ton of fun!..would be nice to have some suspension..ouch..lol. Thanks!

Jeff (teet)

Comment

Originally posted by teet View Post
                        Very cool! Looks like a ton of fun!..would be nice to have some suspension..ouch..lol. Thanks!

Jeff (teet)
                        They have front suspension, but not the rear. Yeah, a little rough, but fun! They were given to me by a friend. They are great for my kids since the controls are on the steering and no clutch.
                        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Just sold this '78 last summer....bought it in '89....
                          Say what you will, I had a lot of fun with that bike....

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                          X