Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Handlebar Question....

Hey all...

I know, I know..there are tons of threads about "which bars are best" or "which bars do you have", and I have read them all, but I need just a little more help deciding which bar to put on my bike. First off, I have a 79' GS1000 with the original buckhorn style bars. My riding position is "ok" with these bars, but they look super goofy, and I'm ready to try something different. I'm 5'8", average proportions, and most my previous bikes have been sport bikes with my last one being a Yammie R1, so I'm used to the forward lean, but I'm not looking to go that low. I don't go on any particularly long rides that often either. I've got it narrowed down to either the superbike bars, or the daytona style. Is there anyone out there thats roughly my height that has either of these bars that can sway me in either direction. I don't have the funds to buy both right now, but I plan on swinging over to Z1 Enterprises tomorrow to pick up a pair....Thanks all for any insight!

Jeff (teet)

Daytonas are what I like. Check them out on Fleabay. Mine ran about 30 bucks shipped.

Comment

Thanks! Z1 is just down the road from me, and they have them for under $15...I'll check them out on ebay too

Thanks

Jeff (teet)

Comment

Z1 Rocks!!

Hi All, well..I just got home from a little ride after installing my new Daytona bars, and what a huge difference. Its like a new bike! my riding position has improved greatly, and it just handles like a new bike...it feels lighter and more flickable in the turns, not to mention, looks a whole lot better too.

A+for Jeff at Z1 Enterprises! I called him up this morning, inquiring about picking up some new bars, and grips, and he said "no problem, just stop by and pick them up"... It was a very smooth and pleasant transaction. Although Jeff was busy on the phone answereing questions when I arrived, his staff had my parts ready, and was very courteous. I'll definately be getting more parts from them!

I picked up some black Oury grips as well for my new bars, and they are as equally as comfortable (so far!!)..

Jeff (teet)

Comment

Working...
        X