No announcement yet.

1985 Suzuki GS700EF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally awesome Eric! the seat dosn't look very compfortable...

Comment

Very nice, great work.
      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Thanks guys.

About to just grab some plywood, a couch cushion, and some bungie cords...

Should work, me thinks....

Naw, shoot, Wifey is working on the cover for the seat at the very moment, and as long as she doesn't attempt to make it too "Beautiful" we'll be okay...

E

Comment

Seriously Eric your attention to detail is extraordinary, every inch of that bike is gorgeous right down to the hoses and bolts.

Begs the question...whats next? Any thoughts on another restore/re-build project after this?

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
            Seriously Eric your attention to detail is extraordinary, every inch of that bike is gorgeous right down to the hoses and bolts.

Begs the question...whats next? Any thoughts on another restore/re-build project after this?
            Thanks Joe.

The next project? As far as another Classic Suzuki, if the right one comes along.

I have a little 88' Yamaha YSR50 needing some loving in the garage.

But, I really need to get the wifey's every third word to change to something else besides "motorcycle" first. So, it looks to be the Fourwinns ski boat lower unit rebuild first.

It seems I will always be working on something to keep my insanity.

Besides, there is a bit of documentation to be done still on the 700E.
            Not done yet.

E

Comment

Glad to see the decal set looks so close to original. I had them make me a set up after Joe had his done. I sent them a photo of the stock E side panels so they could get the model designation as close to original as possible. The entire bike looks great Eric.

Comment

Methinks I smell a BOM here....

Very meticulous, detailed work. The devils in the details, you know.

I applaud you, sir.

Comment

Thanks.

BOM?

Possibly. I think I have posted enough pictures in this thread to make some puke. I wouldn't want to have the bike show up on the home page for a month straight. Might loose some Members that way.

Hey Billy,

I remember your dealings with Reproduction, and thought they would have set up the decals on their site. They didn't for some reason. I don't know how many times I checked their site waiting for them to come up. lol

After talking to them on the phone they had no recall of the dealings, but I think it may have been someone different who I spoke too.

I ended up emailing them a request, and sending them a left side panel to do the placement again. $25 each way shipping on the panel, then they discounted 30% off retail.

Another thing I had noticed on the 700E/ES in red was the "Suzuki" decal on the tail was red as opposed to the black "Suzuki" observed on the blue versions. I'm pretty sure this was correct from the pictures I could find. After 25 years and parts being transplanted from one bike to the next there were some with the black, but more in red. Not sure on the 83' 750 versions. Initially the red ES version, which they used Joe's layout and the red off reddirtrider's 83'750, had the black "Suzuki." After sending them a final email with pictures of the red "Suzuki" originally on the red versions of the E/ES they change it for both.

Anyways, Thanks.

One of these days I'll need to come down and ride some of those Hill Country Roads with you and Joe. That would be quiet a sight with 3 GS700 bikes in a row.

E

Comment

ALL i can say is SWEEETTT !!!!! First ride ? A bicycle seat would have been put on right after I heard it run...LOL Beatiful work can't wait to see the video(s). Too bad you live so far away or a ride would be in order.

Comment

seat, shmeet. I'd have been sitting on a couple folded up towels and gone RIDING!!

Looks fantastic! Great job!

Kirk

Comment

Originally posted by tejasmud View Post
                        One of these days I'll need to come down and ride some of those Hill Country Roads with you and Joe. That would be quiet a sight with 3 GS700 bikes in a row.

E
                        What would really be cool is for Texas Moto Photo to be out there that day and the three of us ride in front of the cameras close enough together for them to get us all in one frame. We could probably stop and let them know what we want then ride back through the turn again.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
                          What would really be cool is for Texas Moto Photo to be out there that day and the three of us ride in front of the cameras close enough together for them to get us all in one frame. We could probably stop and let them know what we want then ride back through the turn again.
                          That would be so cool!

Comment

Nice work! You are a definite craftsman.I just gotta ask have you added all your reciepts yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
                              That would be sweet. How or where do we catch these guys from TX Moto Photo? I checked out the webpage.

I'll tell ya, it is freaking hot here, and most likely smoking hot down there too. Sitting on the side of the road taking pictures doesn't seem like a great idea. lol

Originally posted by Hodado View Post
                              Nice work! You are a definite craftsman.I just gotta ask have you added all your reciepts yet?

Thanks.

Who keeps up with reciepts?

Naw, I haven't added them up yet. Sort of scared to see the result. I have not kept up with some of the small consumables like sandpaper and little stuff like bolts here and there very well.

Last time I added up what I had it was pushing $4k, and that was before polishing all the aluminum, top end work, paint, and 1150 rear wheel. There has been lots of little purchases from ebay for original parts as well since then.

My guess it is pushing $5.5K to $6k by now.

Just in parts and supplies. I probably could have saved a bit not going primarily through Bikebandit, and used Partshark or the likes now I look back.

And, I could have purchased one or two newer bikes at that cost, but it would not have been the same. This is a bike I've had since the early 90s, so it has sentimental value.

It has been an everything I have ever wanted to do to it type of build.

No regrets here though.

E

Comment

Originally posted by tejasmud View Post
                                That would be sweet. How or where do we catch these guys from TX Moto Photo? I checked out the webpage.

I'll tell ya, it is freaking hot here, and most likely smoking hot down there too. Sitting on the side of the road taking pictures doesn't seem like a great idea. lol
                                E
                                They usually set up on RR 337 between Vanderpool and Leakey.

This is one of their shots.

Comment

Working...
                                X