Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in an 850 resto? Nothing custom but paint!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
    The bike is really looking good. I would like to hand pinstripe my bike. Do you have any experence in this area? Could offer any advise? Keep up the good work and post it.

Charlie G
    Yeah I love pin striping. Not really a do it yourselfer's kind of project, tho if you were interested enough in buying the brushes then you'll enjoy striping everything in our house. Its one of the hardest things I've gotten the pleasure to fool with, but I don't think any paint job is complete without stripes. I'm going to pm you some resources on striping.

Thanks for the complements.

Comment

Still no progress. I'm buried under other stuff and my garage is ridiculously full. I'm toying with the idea of selling this bike. I'll put it back together and you can run it before it goes if you're interested.

Comment

Just a thought related to a comment above, but a black engine with bare stainless fasteners looks pimp:

1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Yeah, I'm using stainless fasteners & love the look.

80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Bad weather and caught up on everything I can do inside means slow progress. Leafing the fender today. Its my first time trying gold leaf so as soon as I get it all sorted out I'll post pix.

Edited for pic. Waiting for the last coat of gold to dry then I'll stripe it.

Last edited by Guest; 03-21-2010, 09:27 PM.

Comment

BTW, those contrasting bolts look awesome on that motor. I really like the gold caps too. Looks like the same color as late model calipers.

Comment

Working...
              X