Drag bars on gs550LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drag bars on gs550LX

Anyone know the size spec needed for this bike. I pickup a pair of bars the other day and love the look. My problem is I don't think htey are wide enough to accomidate the MAster cylinder, Throttle and grip. They are 27.5 in wide. any Ideas other than taking the tack and speedo off? I don't have a problem getting rid of the ones I have. Pictures of my rebuild coming soon!

Originally posted by mtn stream View Post
    Anyone know the size spec needed for this bike. I pickup a pair of bars the other day and love the look. My problem is I don't think htey are wide enough to accomidate the MAster cylinder, Throttle and grip. They are 27.5 in wide. any Ideas other than taking the tack and speedo off? I don't have a problem getting rid of the ones I have. Pictures of my rebuild coming soon!

I have drag bars and they are cut down an inch and a half on each side and it is very tight, but do-able. I don't have any gauges though

Comment

drag bars

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking i may need to go htat direction. It must have a nice clean look

Comment

I was running daytona bars on my 550LX, they'd be about the same length as your drag bars. It was a tight fit, but it was doable.

Comment

Originally posted by Richharr View Post
          I have drag bars and they are cut down an inch and a half on each side and it is very tight, but do-able. I don't have any gauges though

Well yeah, but your bike is also buillt out of awesome and win. You could have probably made your bars out of unicorn horns and it would have worked well too. ;-)

Comment

daytona bars

would you have a couple pics of the front ends so I can see how you ran the brake cable and positioned the f master cylinder. I was also wondering when folks say "loop" your clutch and throttle do you know the minimum dia. need to not get bunching?

Comment

I sure don't have any pics... I'll try to get pics of my 750L for you though, as I just moved my daytona bars from my 550 to the 750 last night. The position of the MC and all that jazz are almost identical.

I don't know what the "proper" diameter would be, as I didn't loop mine... but the best thing to do is just get shorter cables. ;-)

Comment

Working...
              X