wire tuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wire tuck

Hey guys. Im lookin on info/inspiration on wire tucking. I have installed pod filters and i am redoing all my power wiring. During the replacement I would like to tuck the wires and basically hide all the electronics. I am curious to see how you guys did yours. Pics would be great or a link would help to. Thanks.

Rich

hey good link. thanks.

Originally posted by GS1100GK
    Hi Rich.

Here is a site I've used and gotten wire wrap, sleeves, and a bunch of other stuff from in the past. Maybe it will give you some ideas

- JC

Comment

On the last 2 bikes I built I have used PET sleeving to cover every part of the wire harness with heat shrink tubing on the ends for a nice clean look. I alos use it to cover over control cables too. I have used a place called wirecare.com for all my needs in doing this. They ship fast and have great products. I use Techflex standard PET and it comes in a bunch of colors and sizes. I would use the 3:1 shrink tubing instead of the 2:1 as it will give you more options for getting it over and around harness plugs and what not.

https://www.wirecare.com/index.asp?

heres a pic of some of the new cables I covered with it during the build.

Comment

That looks sick! Thanks.

Originally posted by Bribird View Post
        On the last 2 bikes I built I have used PET sleeving to cover every part of the wire harness with heat shrink tubing on the ends for a nice clean look. I alos use it to cover over control cables too. I have used a place called wirecare.com for all my needs in doing this. They ship fast and have great products. I use Techflex standard PET and it comes in a bunch of colors and sizes. I would use the 3:1 shrink tubing instead of the 2:1 as it will give you more options for getting it over and around harness plugs and what not.

https://www.wirecare.com/index.asp?

heres a pic of some of the new cables I covered with it during the build.

Comment

Easiest is to stick the rect / reg up front on the bottom yoke and hide all the other bits in the tail piece. On a kickstart bike you can even dump the battery which makes it easier still.
          79 GS1000S
          79 GS1000S (another one)
          80 GSX750
          80 GS550
          80 CB650 cafe racer
          75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
          75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
            Easiest is to stick the rect / reg up front on the bottom yoke and hide all the other bits in the tail piece. On a kickstart bike you can even dump the battery which makes it easier still.
            I removed all the wiring that I am gonna be replacing and actually started to wonder if its possible to retrofit a kickstarter to my bike. its an 81. that would be sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by MASSSCENE View Post
              I removed all the wiring that I am gonna be replacing and actually started to wonder if its possible to retrofit a kickstarter to my bike. its an 81. that would be sweet.
              An '81 what?

In general, retrofitting a kick starter ain't gonna happen. The one exception might be with a GS850, where you could replace the whole bottom end of the engine with the engine from a '79 model. But that's kinda extreme -- it would be a shame to butcher a running engine.
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                an '81 what?

In general, retrofitting a kick starter ain't gonna happen. The one exception might be with a gs850, where you could replace the whole bottom end of the engine with the engine from a '79 model. But that's kinda extreme -- it would be a shame to butcher a running engine.

gs 750 l model

Comment

Working...
                X