The S is done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robaroni View Post
    You are much to humble. The bike is beautiful. I must say it looks perfect.

I am the one who should be humble. Do you mind if I print a picture and erect a shrine and worship it?

Where did you get those rear sets?
    Thank you very much for the kind words. The most appreciated compliments always come from peers. I'm really proud of this bike, and I was glad to share the process. The rear sets are from an Italian company called Tarozzi, but bought through Fast From the Past. www.fastfromthepast.com Amazing products for tons of different models. I'm thinking of getting one of their fork braces, too.
    1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

it does look very nice, i hope you realize i was just funning you earlier.

Comment

Personally Seuadr, I was incensed but your earlier comments.

Comment

I have to add my congratulations about how the bike turned out too. It's stunning. I've always wanted but was never able to do one of my bikes with a black engine like that. This is exactly why.

Woodsie

Comment

Those CB1100f shocks are about 1.5 inched longer than stock aren't there? Did you make any mods? How does it handle?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
              ... And, if you stick with no signals, watch out man. People dont know wtf hand signals mean anymore...

That's some good advice. Make your gestures deliberate and ALWAYS do a head check before making your move!!

Comment

Originally posted by cyclefvr2 View Post
                beautiful but the colors are backwards , on the tank,fairing,and rear fender ther'e blue on top
                on the front fender,and side covers there white on top, blue on side, did you do that for a certain reason??
                He has it right. Mine came from the factory just the way he has his laid out.

You're probably referring to some of the European variations. I think they were re-paints gone wrong personally.

Comment

Wow..that was a fun stroll down memory lane. Thanks for the re-post, and of course, again, for all the flattering comments.

For the life of me I can't find the sequence of pics. All I could find is the finished repair. I used a broken Kawasaki ZX14 windscreen and moved it around on the dash until I found just the right curve, cut it out, shaped it like the missing broken section, epoxied it to the dash, a little plastic filler, more shaping and sanding, then covered it with a piece of vinyl as close to the original texture as I could find. You can see the repair in this pic, but you have to know it's there to really see it. It's held up really well.

1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

I wonder when the last in-line four with an 8500 rpm redline was made.
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Gorgeous, just gorgeous. It's just dead right!
                      -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Glad to see this one pop back up - really, really nicely done.
                        I can even forgive the open bellmouths, and that's saying something.
                        ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                          Glad to see this one pop back up - really, really nicely done.
                          I can even forgive the open bellmouths, and that's saying something.
                          Ha ha! Those velocity stacks stayed on for about three days before I re-installed the stock air box. It ran great just blipping the throttle, but the second I took off on it under load, it fell flat on it's face. It looked cool, but I didn't want to mess around with the jetting to get it to run correctly with the stacks. They did, however, have screens across their openings. The moment I rode it with the stock air box and filter, it ran perfect and remains that way to this day. Since these early pics were taken, I repositioned the oil cooler a bit higher to move the hoses a little farther away from the headers. It also has different drilled rotors and a new front master cylinder. What a joy to own and ride.
                          1979 GS1000S,

Comment

I must've missed this thread initially Ed... she is beautiful!!!

Now... where did you get those velocity stacks? I want some for the 450... with screens like that. Unfortunately I can not find any for the GS500 carbs that are now on there which have a 60mm diameter inlet...
                            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Larry, the only pics I've seen if this bike were the ones you posted from the show you attended last year. These were a real treat. I LOVE the blacked out engine and wheels. Great job.......even 5 years later.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Yup......doesn't get any better than that!!

Comment

Working...
                                X