80 gs1100L fork options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80 gs1100L fork options

well im getiing ready to redo the springs and seals on my 1100l chain drive and was thinking that if theyr was an upgrade option for the front forks now would be the time to do it

i searched and all i foud was info for the newer bikes and for the e series bikes any and all help would be app

7 views and no offers ......... does that mean that i dont have any options or that know one knows for shure

Comment

It means I don't know for sure and hesitate to even venture a guess.

Comment

well im seeing that the katana forks are what the e series people are using ... how would i find out if they would work on the L series ( short of bying one and trying)

thanks for the help though.....

Comment

Are you talking about replacing the forks entirely? Why?

Most people are pretty dang happy with the stock forks once they have some Progressive fork springs and fresh oil is in there and the sag is set correctly. Throw in a Tarozzi fork brace and stainless brake lines and you're all set.

The fork replacement has been done many times on G and E models, but I don't remember any on an L model. Therefore, no one is really sure what the effect on handling would be. Newer forks would be significantly shorter than the originals, and that could create a ground clearance problem and perhaps quicken steering unacceptably.

You'd need to do some measuring and pondering in person with the "new" forks you're considering.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

i was under the impression that the stock forks on the gs.s were ..... well left something to be desired ..... if that is not the case then i should be more than happy with some progressive springs and a rebuild ...... on to the next question. what shocks and springs to use on the back .... im haveing trouble finding some that will work with my weight ..... i weigh 230 lbs and will often be carrying eather 75 to 100 lbs of gear or a passenger ..... all the ones i see are for 200 lbs and limited 2 up use.....

thanks for any and all info

Comment

Working...
            X