Will be following your progress! Good luck

Dan
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

ho hum ........now ..about that EZ headlight

Comment

Which direction you go depends on how much money you're willing to throw at this project. Ohlins forks (I think you mentioned those) probably cost more than you have in both bikes (just a guess - don't really know how much you spent).

I'd access the money situation and beat that against what you could buy if you spent what you intend. It's always a trade off. Building these bikes is costly and time consuming. On top of that you're not going to get anywhere near the money back if you sell it, particularly if it's not finished.

Good luck. I'm only trying to bring a rational perspective to your project.

Comment

Originally posted by reddirtrider View Post
          Which direction you go depends on how much money you're willing to throw at this project. Ohlins forks (I think you mentioned those) probably cost more than you have in both bikes (just a guess - don't really know how much you spent).

I'd access the money situation and beat that against what you could buy if you spent what you intend. It's always a trade off. Building these bikes is costly and time consuming. On top of that you're not going to get anywhere near the money back if you sell it, particularly if it's not finished.

Good luck. I'm only trying to bring a rational perspective to your project.
          Oh I hear you. I've done plenty of number crunching and am not naive about the cost at all. BTW Dynoman has Ohlins for $695 for anyone interested. At least that's what they quoted me a couple of months ago. I wish I only had that much in both bikes

Comment

If anyone comes across a complete '04 GSXR1000 front end in good condition let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by russr33 View Post
              Oh I hear you. I've done plenty of number crunching and am not naive about the cost at all. BTW Dynoman has Ohlins for $695 for anyone interested. At least that's what they quoted me a couple of months ago. I wish I only had that much in both bikes
              Are you talking forks or shocks?

I've seen Ohlins steering dampers go for that much. Forks can go as high as 3k. If you're talking forks, send me a link. I'd be interested.
              Last edited by Guest; 08-23-2009, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reddirtrider View Post
                Are you talking forks or shocks?

I've seen Ohlins steering dampers go for that much. Forks can go as high as 3k. If you're talking forks, send me a link. I'd be interested.
                No that was shocks Red. SU143's. I thought you meant shocks earlier; guess I should learn to read better.

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                  Here ya go Russ..kinda pricey, but has an Ohlins valve kit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05...Q5fMerchandise
                  Hell I missed those Joe; already ended. Another thought is I could just use the GSXR1100 front end I have and then just get them gold anodized.

Comment

Hell I missed those Joe; already ended. Another thought is I could just use the GSXR1100 front end I have and then just get them gold anodized.
                    Tha would save you some green I would think..

Comment

No that was shocks Red. SU143's. I thought you meant shocks earlier; guess I should learn to read better.
                      No problemo. I was secretly hoping you found Ohlins forks for cheap.

Comment

Working...
                      X