where to find shocks??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where to find shocks??

I have a 1982 GS850L that I want to modify somewhat.

I would like to put shorter shocks on the rear to give the bike a little lean. Maybe lower it by a couple of inches. The progressive shocks have 2 eyebolt openings and are 11 inches in length if I remember correctly.

My question is where can I find decent shocks? I've never shopped for them before and am looking for suggestions.

Thanks,
    David
    1982 GS850L

You could try Dennis Kirk at http://www.denniskirk.com They ship fast and they'll let you know if they're in stock or not, as well as talking to real person if you need to 24/7.

Comment

The stock shocks are 13 inches (330mm) eye-to-eye, measured center to center.

I'm not really sure if two inches lower would be a good idea -- the tire might bottom and rub on the inside of the fender, so you'd want to test that carefully.

It's pretty easy to find lightly used Harley shocks 11" long. They're crap, just like the Suzuki OEM shocks, but perhaps they would at least be an inexpensive way to try it out. If you're lowering the bike that much, you're not really corner carving anyway.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
      X