My 1150 is naked again!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1150 is naked again!!

I finally got the fairing off and put my bike back to "stock". Besides the kerker and flat slides.

Do the gauges look to be in the correct spot? (besides the right side needing to come down slightly, and the headlight trim ring being chrome and not black!) I had to "adjust" the bracket as the gauges were hitting the headlight bucket.

The bike is running great! I however need a push/pull throttle setup (quick ratio?), and need to dial the carbs in a bit better. I get some popping back through the air breathers while cruising and barely on the throttle. I think its just to rich at idle and just off idle... The rest of the rev range seems very good!
    Last edited by Guest; 08-29-2009, 10:14 PM.

Very nice, I think the 1150's look so much better without the fairing.
    great looking bike!

Comment

They handle a lot better too. That big fairing puts too much weight bias on the front wheel and raises the CG higher.

If you mount the handlebars on E type of risers (which are a bit higher and tipt the handlbars parallel to the ground vs. downwards), you'll find that the bike is much easier to hustle through curves.
      sigpic

SUZUKI:
      1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
      HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
      KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
      YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Very nice! I like the layout of the indicator lights on the 1150's too.

Good job!

Jeff (teet)

Comment

Looks good.

If you would like, I can take a couple of pix of mine for illustration of the instrument mounting.

Just let me know...

Comment

I have the rubber "Suzuki" plug that covers the screw on the upper triple cover! Ray.

Comment

Get that push pull throttle cable assembly ASAP. Running RS's without it is just asking for trouble.
              The Three Horsemen
              '85 GS1150ES (Current Income Eater)
              '83 GS1100ES
              ‘77 XLCR

"Never ride faster than you can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes."
              Porkchop Express

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                I have the rubber "Suzuki" plug that covers the screw on the upper triple cover! Ray.
                I didn't realize I was missing one until now!! Thanks!

Originally posted by Greg B View Post
                Get that push pull throttle cable assembly ASAP. Running RS's without it is just asking for trouble.
                I agree, if you rev the bike up good it hangs in the RPM's...

Comment

Mine is an ES also.

Mine is the 85 1150ES. I have mixed feelings about the faring, it offers nice protection in the 1/4 mile and looks tons better when you add the GSXR USD front end on it and it sits lower. Mine has 4" inches of strech to it and sits a little lower than stock. I have everything but a headlight bucket to do the swap with. I also have a complete 91 GSXR750 with a spun rod bearing waiting to get the parts off of it. Mine has a Mr Turbo kit on it and I am thinking of making a prostreet look-a-like to ride around on the streets. Here is how it looks now.

Comment

Originally posted by DMorris View Post
                    Looks good.

If you would like, I can take a couple of pix of mine for illustration of the instrument mounting.

Just let me know...
                    I forgot to reply to you before Don... That would be great if you could snap a few shots of the instrument mounting for me!

Comment

Here are some pictures out in the light... I realized my speedometer cable was routed wrong, I re-routed it to go in front of the lower triple tree and now it doesn't interfere with the steering stop. In the second picture its behind the triple tree, where it was interfering with the stop.

I really like the dual kerkers!
                      Smaller turn signals off a newer bike coming soon.

Comment

CB900S- THAT LOOKS AWESOME! I loved it with the fairing, but with those last few photo's, I'd have to agree naked looks WAY BETTER!

Comment

I have always been partial to naked bikes. Why cover up all that beautiful engineering.

Comment

Originally posted by CB900SS View Post
                            Smaller turn signals off a newer bike coming soon.
                            I used turn signals from a Kawasaki ZX7 on my ES. Smaller and have a nice shape.
                            The Three Horsemen
                            '85 GS1150ES (Current Income Eater)
                            '83 GS1100ES
                            ‘77 XLCR

"Never ride faster than you can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes."
                            Porkchop Express

Comment

Originally posted by CB900SS View Post
                              I forgot to reply to you before Don... That would be great if you could snap a few shots of the instrument mounting for me!
                              I'll take some tonight and post them.

P.S. how are the flatslides working for you?
                              Last edited by Guest; 09-01-2009, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X