Photoshop help anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photoshop help anyone?

I'm looking towards this winter and considering color schemes and possible changes to my 650G.

Can somebody with photoshop help me get an idea what a 650G will look like with the tank, front fender, side covers and rear plastic painted white? I'm thinking white with the same stripe pattern, and the stripes in black. Thanks for the help!

Here is a pic of a 650g (not mine but good enough for example).

looks pretty dull and bland to me, but then again this is a quick work

Comment

Originally posted by G1100 View Post

looks pretty dull and bland to me, but then again this is a quick work
      That's what I wanted to see - thanks. I'm thinking if I went that route I would paint the engine black and also put a cafe fairing on the front (white).

Comment

Opinions anyone? Good or bad - let's hear em.

Comment

Originally posted by lilbilly View Post
          Opinions anyone? Good or bad - let's hear em.
          i like black and white, simple but stunning if done tastefully.
          here's my gs1000

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I think black and white can be very nice. ( as Agemax's beautiful rocket shows)
            What really makes the difference is in the subtle details. Even when working with white, there are lots of different tints, shades and levels of sheen to be considered.

If you really look closely at a car interior, for example, you will often see very slight shifts in intensity and sheen on the colors used.

There was recently a bike posted on this forum ( I can't remember whose ) with a charcoal- pewter paint on the calipers and anti-dive units against black fork legs. Simple but stunning...

My advice is to talk to someone who does paint for a living for some pointers. They deal in these fine points all the time. My house painter suggested 3 different intensities and 2 different sheen levels of one of the colors on my house and I am very pleased with the combo. So, that was 5 different paints before we even looked at trim paint.

These are the tricks that make a paint job look great!!

Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by DMorris View Post
              I think black and white can be very nice. ( as Agemax's beautiful rocket shows)
              What really makes the difference is in the subtle details. Even when working with white, there are lots of different tints, shades and levels of sheen to be considered.

If you really look closely at a car interior, for example, you will often see very slight shifts in intensity and sheen on the colors used.

There was recently a bike posted on this forum ( I can't remember whose ) with a charcoal- pewter paint on the calipers and anti-dive units against black fork legs. Simple but stunning...

My advice is to talk to someone who does paint for a living for some pointers. They deal in these fine points all the time. My house painter suggested 3 different intensities and 2 different sheen levels of one of the colors on my house and I am very pleased with the combo. So, that was 5 different paints before we even looked at trim paint.

These are the tricks that make a paint job look great!!

Good luck!!

The calipers you mentioned are on J Whelan's 700ES, and yes a very nice build.

Agemax's bike has always been one of my faves...

Creativity is a gift some have, not me, but some.

To the OP,

It's your bike Billy, do it up the way you like, you will ride the machine.

Looking for approval, pfffffftt..............

be creative if you so have the will... Do a copy/replica.....

Sky is the limit, bebe...

I love a custom just as much as a prestine OEM restore.

Shoot, I even like the 09' models, but yea.

Comment

Have you considered a white pearl color? A pearl paint will give a little varible in the color. Blue from one angle and pink or purple from another. Just a thought............

cg
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g
                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
                X