Fork Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork Boots

I was looking at throwing on a pair of gaiters on my bike, anyone with experiance know what i need for an 81 650E. Do I take off the fork caps in that case? and just have the boots or do the boots go over the caps?

Normally you pull off the dust caps and slide the gaiters down on to the top of the fork legs. You need to measure the diameter of your fork tubes and your legs to make sure you get the right size - too loose and you have to zip tie on which sometimes doesn't look to smart.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

The KZ750 I have uses fork boots. The base of the OEM boots are very thick almost like the fork dust caps on regular forks. Most of the replacement dirt bike or truck shock boots are thinner around the base. Since OEM boots were about $50 each, I opted to go with some $10 black truck shock boots. Depending on how they fit, I may keep the old base of the OEM boot and just slip the new boot over top of it. If they fit tight around the fork leg then I'll just zip tie them in place. The boot can be secured with a black zip tie at the bottom and a hose clamp at the top.

Comment

Working...
      X