Woops!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woops!!

You know what sucks..... Going over to a friends house to help get his MG running and haveing him not see your bike parked in his driveway and hitting it with his truck !!! All that time I spent polishing the stator cover gone! @%$@#%$# Blinker broken,foot peg all scratched, clutch lever, and even my helmet... It was a brainfart and he felt like crap knowing how much time I have spent bringing it back to life..

Sorry just had to share.

I hope he is going to at least pay for the parts to get your bike repaired.

Comment

My Brother did it to mine. No one to blame but myself.

Reminder: Never park behind a car / truck. NEVER !!
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Funny thing was he knew it was there and I even told him I parked it FAR out of the way...I guess not far enough, and yes he did already give me some cash.. (Good Friend)

Comment

I bet that won't happen again. Cheers,Simon.
          http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...esMapSimon.jpg

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

that is horrible, but something that happens to most people at one time or another. It didn't happen to my bike, but it happened to my car.

Comment

Perhaps a good place to bring up parking anytime you are in a row of cars such as at WalMart or angled street parking. I always leave my bike at the back of the space so the end of my bike is even with the end of the cars. My concern is that if I am at the front of the space some cager driving along the row might think the space is empty and wheel into it a little too fast to stop before reaching my bike.
              Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

What year MG? I have a '77.

Comment

I think it was a 74?? I did know at one time, I completly took apart the carb (Weber 32/35 I think) anyway the water activated choke was not working correctly. It now runs and idles (like an MG) he wants to sell it. Spoiler in the front black rubber bumpers,yellow with black stripes.

Comment

Right after I completed the resurection of my RD400, I drove it down to the early moring Donut Derilicts show. Afterward, I drove it over to the local Suzuki dealer to order something for my 850G. The sales manager asked me to move it from where I parked it because he was planning to park some used bikes there (they were just opening), so I moved it to where he asked me to.

A few minuits later, he backed out in his truck on a coffee run, and knocked it over.

They did make it right more or less. It took a few years to gather up the stuff. It did a lot of minor sheet metal damage to things like head light ears, instrument cans, and fenders which was time consuming to fix.
                    sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Rubber bumper is after 73 I think... Another nice looking car ruined by you yanks ( ) (it was that 5mph rule that led to all the horrible big bumpers). Ride height went up too so it would meet requirements so it doesn't ride as well.

Should be a 32/36 Webber DGAV, not stock on that car but a decent carb. Stock should probably have been some kind of SU, either a single or a twin.

Bad luck on the bike... Sh*t happens I guess...

Dan
                      1980 GS1000G - Sold
                      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

'74.5 would be the earliest rubber bumper and the original carb would have been a single Zeinith Stromberg. The Weber downdraft is a farily comon conversion and Salty monk is correct on the size. We will have to disagree on the looks of the bumpers and the handling ability. I personally think some of the pre rubber bumper half ass attemps are way uglier with their Dolly Parton sabrina's. Triumphs rubber bumpers are really atrocious and I think MG did a pretty good job of maintaining the lines of the car with their rubber bumpers.

Being a rubber bumper owner is like being an "L" owner. We are the red headed step children.

Comment

Just be glad that you weren't on it at the time. I had a friend that was reversed into at the traffic lights as a cager tried to reverse back (to get around a car that had stalled in front of it). The car hit the bike and knocked him off before he could even hit the horn.

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
                            Perhaps a good place to bring up parking anytime you are in a row of cars such as at WalMart or angled street parking. I always leave my bike at the back of the space so the end of my bike is even with the end of the cars. My concern is that if I am at the front of the space some cager driving along the row might think the space is empty and wheel into it a little too fast to stop before reaching my bike.
                            I like parking out in the far reaches of the Wally World parking lot and usually by the cart return. If I'm lucky there is a huge whopping light pole there too and makes it all the more challenging to hit my bike.
                            I've seen all too many bikes parked on the yellow stripes between the handicapped spaces. Those guys need to have their bikes dropped.
                            bill

Comment

Originally posted by officerbill View Post

I've seen all too many bikes parked on the yellow stripes between the handicapped spaces. Those guys need to have their bikes dropped.
                              bill
                              Those skinny spots aren't for bikes?
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
                              X