lowering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lowering?

I want to lower my bike! Gs550l what would be the best chapest way? ideas concerns doing it tips tricks how does it handle if its been done etc

Thanks

easiest way is shorter rear shocks and slide the forks up through the yokes an inch. wont handle as well as is does as standard
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Depends on how much lower you want to go. If youre just looking for an inch or 2 for comfort, you could shave seat foam and slide the forks up the trees a bit. For the rear, you could try to find shorter shocks or you could go to a smaller rear wheel/tire combo. IIRC the 550 has a 18" rear. IF a 750 rear wheel will fit, they came with a 17" and a 16" depending on model. That alone would give you 1 to 2" in the rear just from a wheel swap. If you need more, you could have the shocks cut down. Im not sure of the travel of the 550 shocks but on the 750s, you can cut them down by 3" without worries of bottoming out as long as the shock was in good working order before cutting them. If you lowered the bike that much in the rear, you would have to go with a shorter fork or change the rake of the front end. FORKSBYFRANK could provide a new set of uppers at the length youd need. And then of course youd need a new set of springs to match the shorter tubes. Progressive can provide custom cut springs. Its all in how much lower you want/need to go.

Comment

Im really wanting to go 2 or so for looks! I think it would be tough i just put drag bars on it! Would it be possible easily?

How do u make pics show up on ur replies and posts?

Comment

Working...
        X