9 inch headlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9 inch headlight

this gs550 just purchased has 9 inch headlight, chrome ring is messed up. I know its not what came on bike. po told me it was off someother gs but thats it.If i can i.d. will try to get onother ring

If it is the big Suzuki headlight, it is "technically" an 8" light...as the glass is 8 inches in diameter....but it will be closer to 9" overall...

They came on the '82-'83 1100E and the GS1150s....

Just so you know, a good 8" light assembly is worth quite a bit of money....

Got a picture? Does it look like this?

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

why yes it does,can the chrome ring still be bought and if there worth a lot that would probably be a no? how much do the go for?

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod400 View Post
        why yes it does,can the chrome ring still be bought and if there worth a lot that would probably be a no? how much do the go for?
        No, some parts are still avalible through Suzuki. Partshark, (formerly flatout motorcycles), has just the rim listed for $44.

As far as the light's value, a whole light assembly will sometimes sell for $100-150 or more on eBay...

Comment

thats good to know,the brackets that hold it on are kinda funky,they look like they are from same side if you know what I mean,so I was going to put aftermarket bracket on if it will fit like the big headlight!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod400 View Post
            thats good to know,the brackets that hold it on are kinda funky,they look like they are from same side if you know what I mean...
            Maybe one is upside down??? Just a thought.

Comment

I think one is upside down,I turned it around and messed with them and when there off they look like the same side peice,when I turn it around it just made it off set big time stranger things have......

Comment

Working...
              X