slamming a 83 gs1100e?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slamming a 83 gs1100e?

hey sup guys im new here, my father owns an 83 gs1100e (only owner) and im looking to slam the nuts out of it. since im not familiar with products for bikes i wanted to ask whats the best way of slamming this thing!
    heres a pic of the bike

the header collector (which seems to hang to low since i want this thing very low)

Why would you slam a beautiful and rare classic?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

sweet machine, define slamming...

Comment

low

You can get a chrome sidewinder pipe for about $200 and you can use struts that you make for yourself or rob some shorter shocks from a different bike. They made some shackle kits to lay the shock down more in the rear. You could make a set easy. nice bike. has the good big end crank in it.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          not a fan of stock looking bikes. there arent many that i have found very low

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
          sweet machine, define slamming...
          well very low somewhere around this height
          VV

my friend Matt on my newly purchased 82 GS1100 dragbike

Originally posted by Big_T112 View Post
          You can get a chrome sidewinder pipe for about $200 and you can use struts that you make for yourself or rob some shorter shocks from a different bike. They made some shackle kits to lay the shock down more in the rear. You could make a set easy. nice bike. has the good big end crank in it.
          what type of company makes it? do they make em in flat black? love how it looks on the bike

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            He's in south Florida

No corners for 100's of miles

Gotta do something

Shorter shocks, lowering blocks, GSXR forks, 17" wheels, dropping the fork tubes in the trees

You should sell that nasty old header (to me)
            1978 GS 1000 (since new)
            1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
            1978 GS 1000 (parts)
            1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
            1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
            1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
            2007 DRz 400S
            1999 ATK 490ES
            1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by axonz View Post
              hey sup guys im new here, my father owns an 83 gs1100e (only owner) and im looking to slam the nuts out of it. since im not familiar with products for bikes i wanted to ask whats the best way of slamming this thing!
              heres a pic of the bike

the header collector (which seems to hang to low since i want this thing very low)
              Call me at 714-356-7845 & I will go over some things with you & tell you what you need. Ray.

Comment

SINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                  He's in south Florida

No corners for 100's of miles

Gotta do something

Shorter shocks, lowering blocks, GSXR forks, 17" wheels, dropping the fork tubes in the trees

You should sell that nasty old header (to me)
                  lol father told me its a banzani or something like that? any help with identifying it

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                  Call me at 714-356-7845 & I will go over some things with you & tell you what you need. Ray.
                  i will call u as soon as we decide to go threw with selling it or keeping it

Originally posted by Zooks View Post
                  SINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  lol :/
                  Last edited by Guest; 09-21-2009, 11:04 AM.

Comment

How old are you?

You sound like a 17 yr old spoiled kid hotrodding his daddy's bike.
                    1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

Originally posted by brveagle View Post
                      How old are you?

nice, very off topic but OKAY. im 19? and ur point is? i dont know how this helps me with my question. hotrodding? never even heard of that im guessing u mean abusing the bike? no i do not the bike doesnt fire, trying to get some money together to fix it for him. K now since my question has pretty much been answered before, this can be closed.

Comment

Originally posted by brveagle View Post
                        How old are you?

Nailed it - only off a couple years..

Comment

Originally posted by axonz View Post
                          nice, very off topic but OKAY. im 19? and ur point is? i dont know how this helps me with my question. hotrodding? never even heard of that im guessing u mean abusing the bike? no i do not the bike doesnt fire, trying to get some money together to fix it for him. K now since my question has pretty much been answered before, this can be closed.

Don't let the keyboard nazi's get you down axonz. It's your bike do what you want. Just wade through the BS comments, there will be plenty of folks here willing to help you out. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by will61310 View Post
                            Nailed it - only off a couple years..
                            so cause i want to lower a bike that me and my father work on makes me 17? for a "mature" person both of you are talking like teenagers who think they know it all.

Originally posted by russr33 View Post
                            Don't let the keyboard nazi's get you down axonz. It's your bike do what you want. Just wade through the BS comments, there will be plenty of folks here willing to help you out. Good luck.
                            im very aware of this im on honda-tech aswell better known as hatertech lol.
                            Last edited by Guest; 09-21-2009, 12:15 PM.

Comment

I remember lowering everthing I owned when I was your age and then some, then I had to fix everthing that hit... LOL If i lowered it, I did it for handling purposes only or so I said (Looks always was a factor) If your going for the drag/longer swingarm look make sure you save all your parts and don't do anything you cant put back to stock (or close). Remember those COOL CalBugs all the kids drove in California, well can't tell you how many times I Re-Welded cracks or replaced parts due to just wanting to look cool. Driving into a drivway sidways and going over speed bumps sidways and slow got old. But yes just remember when you drop a bike: the closer your are to the ground the quicker you are to hit the ground... LOL still would like to see the end project and I don't mean a scraped up one.
                              Last edited by Guest; 09-21-2009, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X