Gas Tank Vinyl Wrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Tank Vinyl Wrap

Here is a concept for a Vinyl Wrap that Im going to do on my Gas Tank. Thoughts and ideas are welcome. I have another idea that Im going to draw up, Ill post that in a few days. The grey outline represents the the Gas tank. Its designed 2D but will obviously contour the whole tank.

Looks unique.....post pictures after the install.

Comment

thumbs up. But me being me I would do red as the main color and black smoke.

kev

Comment

Gas Tank Vinyl Wrap

coolksprt, funny you suggested that. That was the colour choices for my second layout. Thanks guys, I will definatly post the pics once completed. Prolly wont be for a month or so. Just in development stages.

Comment

thats a really cool idea, where do you get it made?

Comment

jabberjoe87
            Hey jabberjoe87,

I designed the layout and goingto install once I print it out. I do the design and printing.

Comment

Can I get one with a wiring schematic on it? Maybe a table of capacities and torques?
              Dogma
              --
              O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
              '80 GS850 GLT
              '80 GS1000 GT
              '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

You want the whole tank done or just a decal to add somewhere on the bike. Either or it can be done. Although I dont work for free.

Comment

How does it get "installed"? Just strip the paint, and glue that sucker on there with some type of clear coat?

Kev

Comment

How you sealing it? A 10mm clear cover or you just gonna spray clear it?

Comment

Originally posted by GMSKEE View Post
                      Here is a concept for a Vinyl Wrap that Im going to do on my Gas Tank. Thoughts and ideas are welcome. I have another idea that Im going to draw up, Ill post that in a few days. The grey outline represents the the Gas tank. Its designed 2D but will obviously contour the whole tank.
                      I once knew a dude with a carpeted bike, not kidding. Very odd looking.
                      Vinyl is a very unique idea.
                      sigpic

82 GS850
                      78 GS1000
                      04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                      .................________-|___\____
                      ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by Hammered View Post
                        How you sealing it? A 10mm clear cover or you just gonna spray clear it?
                        Maybe it just clings to the tank like the 3M protective film used for protecting the paint against stone chips or zipper rash.

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
                          I once knew a dude with a carpeted bike, not kidding. Very odd looking.
                          Vinyl is a very unique idea.
                          Was he a stunter? Apparently they use it to protect the paint. I guess it would not do much good against the dents though...

Comment

Originally posted by razooki View Post
                            Was he a stunter? Apparently they use it to protect the paint. I guess it would not do much good against the dents though...
                            I suppose.. MOre like a wannabe stunter.

It was an older Gixxer 600 I think.
                            sigpic

82 GS850
                            78 GS1000
                            04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                            .................________-|___\____
                            ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by razooki View Post
                              Maybe it just clings to the tank like the 3M protective film used for protecting the paint against stone chips or zipper rash.
                              No. Ive done a wrap or 2. I was just wondering which method was going to be used to seal the printer vinyl from fuel and UV and such.

Comment

Working...
                              X