No announcement yet.

Simple old school + new school, call it pre skool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, Redneck, I suspected from your avatar you might play knock about on the weekends! Well, I decided to pull this out of the corner and back to the center of my shop. Last night I cut off the subframe tubes I had so far as I thought it was too far in the air and gave it a stance like a stinkbug. Cut my aluminum seat apart to narrow it up as much as possible and start making the sides to wrap it around the top of the tubes. Here is how she sits as of last night;

Cheers, Erick

/

Comment

Nice to see your still at it.

cg
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

You really need to make some more progress on this bike because I am truly curios to see what the final product is going to look like. <impatient, maybe>

Paul

Comment

I had a couple of hours last night, so I made a little more progress on my tail section.

Comment

Nice lines!
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Well, after piecing this tail section together several times over the last couple of years!!, I shortened it by whacking 4 inches out of the middle and narrowed the waist another 2 inches and told myself if I don’t quit screwing with it I will never ride this again. So I plowed ahead with finishing this up.

I plan on doing the seat in two pieces with just black close cell foam glued to the removable trays for now.

Does anyone have a simplified schematic for an ’82 gs1100? Something generic perhaps, as I am debating unraveling the stock harness to make my own or starting over. It ran before I tore into it, but nothing is going back where it came, and I am looking to update the charging while I am at it. I really don’t like electrical.

Cheers, Erick

Comment

That's looking good! Once it's all painted up that should look really sharp!

Comment

Glad to see your back at it. I'd check with Posplayr on the electrics. It seems he was involved helping someone with a simplified one once. Could be wrong.

cg
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g

Comment

Here's a link to Jim's wiring diagram that should give you what you need.

Comment

That's looking very sharp mate, thanks for posting!
                      GS850GT

Comment

wow looks awesome. good thing u are returning to it again. i want to see the final results

Comment

That tail is absolutely gorgeously shaped. I love how the lines flow perfectly from tank to tail. I've always liked this build, keep up the great work!

Comment

Thank you everyone for the encouragement! I appreciate the schematic, Billy Ricks, that will be very helpful! Now I need to refresh myself on the options everyone has come up with to replace the R&R with something more modern and readily available. I was following a few threads about that a couple years ago.

Comment

Here's the list of R/Rs that will work. If you have trouble finding one for less than $50 let me know. I have one from an '05 CBR1000RR I can hook you up with.

Comment

Great looking bike. Something about a big round headlight on USD forks with a big aircooled motor looks just right.

Comment

Working...
                                X