GS 1000g decals and colour schemes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 1000g decals and colour schemes

I have a 1980 GS1000g that I have to repaint and restore back to original and I live in Australia. Can anyone help me to find the original decals/stencils/patterns for the tank and sidepanels and ducktail.
    I have looked everywhere and cany seem to find where to get them.

Colour is black with orange/red decals stripes.
    Thanks

Try here they may have them

Comment

Can you post a pic?
      I have the same bike but in silver.
      I got mine copied before i took them off and the guy who did it still has the stencils on his computer i believe. If they are the same pattern and you can give a colour sample i am sure he can do them up.

Comment

Pics

Thanks for the reply this is not the bike but this is the bike with the colour scheme.
        Thanks

Comment

Hi Landshark - where did you get them done? Were you happy with them? How much did they charge?

I could only find one mob locally who would do them and they wanted over $400!!!

Comment

To scan and print them cost me between $100-150, i cant remember exactly.
            I got them done a few months ago, but i still havent painted my tank or plastics.
            If you are interested i will take a photo of them, i am happy with them, but i cant really comment on the quality as i dont have enough experience.
            The guy who did them is a young bloke who mainly does bike stuff, he is fair and reasonable in my opinion.

David,
            My colour scheme is different, but i think the surrounding pin stripe is the same. I cant look right now, but i will check and let you know.

Comment

99% sure we didn't have that colour scheme in the US... Why don't you paint it? Must be able to mock that up from photo's I would think.

1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

i had the same problem for my gs850 as the paint scheme was different for the usa and the rest of the world.
                i found a company in the UK that has all the euro spec graphics for vintage bikes.
                it cost me 50 pounds for a complete set of decals.

i'll dig out the name and post it here when i have more time.
                Last edited by psyguy; 12-01-2009, 03:09 AM.
                GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post

i'll dig out the name and post it here when i have more time.
                  here it is:

GS850GT

Comment

Here is my tank that i got scanned and copied, i have his number somewhere if anyone is interested.
                    He also did the side covers and duck tail.

Comment

Working...
                    X