No announcement yet.

Yoshimura GSX1135R (EFE) Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are you finding hollow-head bolts? Why not use SS allen's?

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
      Where are you finding hollow-head bolts? Why not use SS allen's?

Daniel
      This was just a bolt I had lying around. It's a caliper bolt from a Yamaha.

Comment

Where did you get the tip for your muffler. The end with the flutes. Did you make that as well? I read most of the thread but do not recall anything about that piece!

Gorgeous job!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstang View Post
          Where did you get the tip for your muffler. The end with the flutes. Did you make that as well? I read most of the thread but do not recall anything about that piece!

Gorgeous job!
          It's something my old man found at work years ago. No idea what it's from but we suspect it's from a truck or something.

Ordered some nice bolts for the calipers and the exhaust hanger just now. Stainless tapered allen bolts for the calipers and exhaust hanger as well as a nice drilled titanium washer and locking nut for the hanger.

Comment

Got some tasty nuts from Pro-Bolt today. Wish I could afford to pimp the whole bike with bolts like these.

Titanium locking nut and titanium washer. Just because...

New caliper bolts looked spot on. Nice contrast with the satin finish on the calipers.

And last but not least the bolt for the muffler hanger. Here's before...

And here's after...

Quite the improvement I think.

Comment

That bike will be too beautiful to ride, yet you MUST.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                That bike will be too beautiful to ride, yet you MUST.

Daniel
                Nah, it's built to be ridden.

Sure, I probably won't take it out for an off-road trip in the rain but it will see it's fair share of track days, that's for sure.
                Last edited by Guest; 04-01-2011, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I love that you think of the smallest bits when you build this bike. Well done sir

Comment

Love the details. Coming along nicely.

Comment

Well how about that. I sent in a picture of the bike and a few words ages ago to Streetfighter Magazine (UK based magazine) and I made it to the paper this month (Issue #207).

Apparently, they may even want to feature it.

Really stoked now!

Comment

Congrats for the mention in the press! Its a stunningly awesome build deserves the recognition. And you'll have plenty of progress info / pictures to give the editiors

Keep it up. I cannot express how bad ass this build is.

Comment

Finally getting the coverage you deserve congrats!

Comment

Still, I'm quite surprised it made it after all this time. Has to be at least 8 months since I sent the email.

Anyway, started working on the bracket for the oil cooler tonight. Should be able to finish it up sometime tomorrow. First though I decided to put some color on the cooler, and what better way than with Cooley's numbers from his GS1000 in the early 80's?

Have to countersink the holes for the bolts that hold the bracket and drill the small M6 holes for the actual cooler but besides that - it's almost done.

The new 180-degree AN-fittings will go on like this.

Just got to remove some material from the cooler bracket. After all that is finished up it's time to sort out the last pieces on the exhaust. Hooks / loops for some exhaust springs as well as riveting the muffler.

Comment

Luv the "34" great work the header on that thing is amazing, you have inspired me to get moving on mine....

Comment

Mindless, is there anything that you have left out that could possibly make that scooter any more FANTASTIC?

I've got it! You have an IHC turbo-charger hidden under the seat!

Daniel
                                Last edited by Guest; 04-05-2011, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X