• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to be selling this exhaust!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FreshStart View Post
      NOOO WAY! That exhaust is totally unique in this world and only belongs on this bike. It is way too cool for anyone else to own.

Comment

I have never posted anything but I have been following this since the beginning... OK. Not the beginning but almost. This here is everything that I ever wanted to do with my bike. Coolest project ever.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshStart View Post
          Hahaha.

All in all, I'm sure it's 15-20 hours of work. Add to that the cost of materials and all that... well, needless to say, you wouldn't be making a good deal.

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
          NOOO WAY! That exhaust is totally unique in this world and only belongs on this bike. It is way too cool for anyone else to own.
          Yep, it belongs on my bike. With the work I (well, me and my father) have put into it there's no way I'm letting it go.

Originally posted by Flaming Chainsaws View Post
          I have never posted anything but I have been following this since the beginning... OK. Not the beginning but almost. This here is everything that I ever wanted to do with my bike. Coolest project ever.
          Thanks!

When it comes down to it, I think it's better to spend the extra time or money on getting what you really want instead of having to look at your bike and say "Man, I wish I did this or got that...". It has cost me a small fortune in both hours and money but I couldn't be happier with the way it looks.

Got the shorter rivets this morning so I gave the muffler parts a rub with a well-used Scotch-Brite pad so it got a nice brushed finish. Ten I wrapped the inner tube with the fiberglass braid and put it all together. It seems to dampen more sound than I first had thought too.

Spring has come in full force now so the sun takes out some of the details. Oh well, here's the finished item.

That's another chapter finished. Next up is sorting out the final pieces of the front end.
          Last edited by Guest; 04-11-2011, 04:14 AM.

Comment

just when i though that exhaust could not be any sexier... there came the rivets... it's a masterpiece!
            GS850GT

Comment

I didnt mean sell it to me, not my style but im sure there are plenty of riders out there that would pay good money for that pipe. You should make a little custom name badge that say " Mindless Racing" or something like that.

Comment

God damn that is gorgeous!
                What do those springs do?

And subscribed to this thread. This is just amazing. I don't think I even want to guess at the number of hours or the chunk of change you have put into this.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                  God damn that is gorgeous!

And subscribed to this thread. This is just amazing. I don't think I even want to guess at the number of hours or the chunk of change you have put into this.
                  The springs hold the exhaust together. Under the engine they hold the midpipe to the collector and the rear ones hold the muffler to the midpipe. Clamps work too if you have slip-joints but for my application springs was best.

Looks cool too.

As for hours spent and money... well, can't answer you on the time spent I'm afraid. It's been two years since I bought it but only worked on it for real during winter.

Money? Got to be close to $14000 now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindless View Post
                    The springs hold the exhaust together. Under the engine they hold the midpipe to the collector and the rear ones hold the muffler to the midpipe. Clamps work too if you have slip-joints but for my application springs was best.

Looks cool too.

As for hours spent and money... well, can't answer you on the time spent I'm afraid. It's been two years since I bought it but only worked on it for real during winter.

Money? Got to be close to $14000 now.
                    Looks great; but I'm still waitin on paint to complement the duct tape on the seat

I just went back to the front and saw this pic from ages ago

I think the pipe has turned out much nicer than that first mockup

This is pretty much the point where I decided it wanted to be a "what-if" Yoshimura AMA superbike from the early 80's. Since they never raced with this bike, I thought it would be kinda cool to build one.

Comment

I'm new around here, but I think this thread should at the very least be made sticky, perhaps even a keeper.

Very re-visitable, this...

:drool:

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post

Sssh! If they're just to look at I don't want to know. I want to pretend they have some secret outback Swedish racing genius purpose!

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                          Looks great; but I'm still waitin on paint to complement the duct tape on the seat

I just went back to the front and saw this pic from ages ago

I think the pipe has turned out much nicer than that first mockup
                          Haha. I'm afraid the duct-tape is gone and a new seat is in the works.

Might start working on the bodywork soon to get it ready for paint...

As for the initial idea with the exhaust vs. the current look? Yeah... I have to agree. An underseat exhaust wouldn't have suited the bike.

Comment

New electrics almost finished.

Comment

What's the wire tubing/sleeving that you're using.It llooks very interesting (and not to mention - professional) ?
                              GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
                                What's the wire tubing/sleeving that you're using.It llooks very interesting (and not to mention - professional) ?
                                A friend on another forum who is building it for me. The sleeve is as far as I know Tech-Flex, basically a fine webbed plastic mesh sleeve.

And yeah - it looks very professional. Should have it fitted on the bike in a week or two.

Comment

Working...
                                X