No announcement yet.

Yoshimura GSX1135R (EFE) Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, we're going through major withdrawal here! Need updates on the coolest bike in the boards!

Comment

Haha, sorry about that. Been busy with some school work and I'm still waiting on the electrical system from the guy in England.

Took the bike over to a friend out of town the other day to get the cams timed and sorted out.

Besides that? Got the Yoshimura emblem for the muffler today so I went and got myself some rivets and fitted it. Made all the difference I think (a good contrast to all the silver on the rear end).

Started working on a chain guard for the rear sprocket as well, will post some pictures when it's done.

The new wiring harness is done, all he needs to do is check that it works and get it posted. Should be here sometime next week.

Comment

I don't think you're revealing everything... cos I spy some new bits added to the exhaust springs, no??
        GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
          I don't think you're revealing everything... cos I spy some new bits added to the exhaust springs, no??
          I see that too

Comment

He added the springs in post 379... And both you guys commented on them

Mindless. Seriously. Words cannot describe how awesome your build is.
            Also the Yosh emblem looks the business on the exhaust.

Comment

I believe that they are referring to the silicone sheaths that he has since put over the springs.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                I believe that they are referring to the silicone sheaths that he has since put over the springs.

Daniel
                Correct....

... but someone hasn't been paying attention when reading posts
                GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post

Daniel
                  Just put them on to see how it would look. They came from the Yoshimura underseat exhaust that I had mocked up early in the build. Think I'm going to remove them, don't want to clutter it with small stuff like this.

But they do serve a function though: eat small vibrations that may (in time) cause the springs to snap.

Comment

Electrics all done and in the mail on the way to me. Maybe first start sometime this weekend or early next week.

Comment

Those are some crazy cabinets in the back ground.

Comment

Originally posted by cableguy View Post
                        Those are some crazy cabinets in the back ground.
                        Yup! My guess is that some mad Dutchman made them

Comment

All I know is that a British guy made the electrics.

Comment

Got the new loom today so I've pretty much spent the whole day sorting it out and getting everything fitted where I want it.

Front of the loom pretty much all sorted out. Just need to wire the Dyna2000 to the coils.

Fitted the alarm siren / horn on the side of the headstock. Somehow, it just made sense there.

Then I hid the remote ignition / alarm unit under a plate which I had riveted to the frame.

And with the tank on it looks like this...

Tomorrow I'll be sorting out the rest as well as the Dyna2000 and test everything to see if it works. Wish me luck.

Comment

That wiring looks way too messy.
                              Is there any way that you could neaten it up a bit?

Daniel

Comment

wait is this beast going to be street legal??

Comment

Working...
                                X