No announcement yet.

Yoshimura GSX1135R (EFE) Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're doing a nice job, craftsmanship will show through even if those end caps won't be seen!

Comment

Originally posted by Ogri View Post
      Nice work. Those end caps are fantastic!
      Originally posted by midnightcafe View Post
      You're doing a nice job, craftsmanship will show through even if those end caps won't be seen!
      The devil is in the details.

The pictures don't really do it justice. I'll see if I can get some better pictures up tonight if we go to the workshop to finish up the last bits.

Comment

Great stuff...........

Comment

It's getting there.

Fabricated and welded on some supports for the seat.

The cross brace in the back will act as a mount for the taillight and the license plate. The rear support for the seat will be a mount for the dirt guard.

All that remains now to do on the frame is weld the lower mounts for the footrests and the mounts for the dirt guard. Should have all that done tonight.

More progress later today (maybe).

Comment

Bike home at last.

More text tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get the front fender and oil cooler kit then as well.

Comment

Dude, Your bike looks great!

And, you need to sell me those wheels in the back ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogri View Post
                Dude, Your bike looks great!

And, you need to sell me those wheels in the back ground.
                Thanks!

Gonna try and get some more pictures up in a few hours, then with a bit more text.

As for the OZ Racing wheels: they aren't mine I'm afraid. My old man bought them for his bike (seen on the first page). The thought of putting them on my bike did cross our mind however, but it would take a while to fit them.
                Last edited by Guest; 03-03-2010, 04:19 PM.

Comment

For those wheels, I have nothing but time, my friend!

Comment

I have a PM rear wheel, directly off a GS 1100. Let me know if you are interested. Ray.

Comment

Been sleepless the last few days thinking about the paintjob (well, not really, but you get the idea...).

At first I was dead set on the classic Yoshimura / Cooley race colors: white and blue with a black stripe. But now as the project has been progressing more and more towards the painting stage I've been doing some thinking. Would it really look the best?

I've been taking a great deal of inspirations from Japanese builders (custom shops actually), mainly Auto-Magic and SANCTUARY. These two shops have built some of the (in my opinion) greatest looking bikes ever.

One I've especially fallen for is this heavily customized Kawazaki Z1R. Amazing bike and most of all - amazing color.

There's just something about that metallic blue that makes the whole bike 'pop'. No accentuating colors except some black shading. Just a metallic blue. I really think a paint scheme like this gives more attention to the details as they become the accents to the paintjob.

In order to get an idea of what this could look like on my bike, I enlisted the help of some fellow members on a Swedish bike forum I post on regularly and they came up with these two sketches.

Frankly, I think it looks fantastic. A few well placed sponsor decals here and there and I think it would look spot on.

Satin black powdercoated frame, gloss black swingarm, gloss black wheels, gloss black engine with polished or gunmetal painted covers. And then of course a nice dark metallic blue for the bodywork.

What do you guys think? Could I be onto something? I really like the look of the single-color paintjob.

Comment

It would look fine. For a while I was considering a metallic blue on my bike. It looks great with the black frame and engine parts. I'll be sticking to the stock scheme on my 700 though.

Nice carbon Dymags on the bike you posted the pic of.
                        Last edited by Guest; 03-06-2010, 01:33 PM.

Comment

I've allways been a sucker for a metallic blue bike. You have my vote. The picture of the bike below is my favorite shade. Blue is good no matter which shade.

Nice build! Keep posting I enjoy it greatly.

cg
                          sigpic
                          83 GS1100g
                          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Managed to piece together a link-pipe last night. Tacked it together earlier today.

Before:

After:

Like the angle of the can better now than when I had it mocked up.

Gonna take it with me to school tomorrow to see if I can get it welded up. Not much besides that going on right now, mostly waiting for the engine parts as well as some banjo adapters for the oil cooler lines.

More to come tomorrow probably.

Comment

What are the footpeg assemblies from?
                              Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
                                What are the footpeg assemblies from?
                                Honda CBR600F '94.

Comment

Working...
                                X