No announcement yet.

Yoshimura GSX1135R (EFE) Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, those look good on your bike and my '83 750 has a frame that is a lot like the 1150 so, i think those might be what i'm needing.
    Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

The blue would look great on your bike. That Kawasaki is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindless View Post

Gonna take it with me to school tomorrow to see if I can get it welded up. Not much besides that going on right now, mostly waiting for the engine parts as well as some banjo adapters for the oil cooler lines.

More to come tomorrow probably.
        Looks great; our mouths are watering watching this unfold. What header did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          Looks great; our mouths are watering watching this unfold. What header did you use?
          Thanks.

As for the headers: I have no idea what brand they are. Seen a few other headers like them but never been able to find out what make.

Comment

About time I updated with some pictures. Haven't really done much to the bike but I did manage to get the link pipe for the exhaust welded up. Turned out nicely.

Experimented a bit with the angle of the pipe to fit the can as close as possible to the swingarm / shock without actually touching it. Before it was pointing a bit too much outwards.

A lot better now.

Then there was the whole wheel-issue.

As you might have read on one of the previous pages, my old man got himself some OZ Racing wheels from an Aprilia Tuono R for his bike about a month ago. Well, he's having some second thoughts about them.

At first it seemed like they would fit pretty much straight in, but after some careful measuring we realized it would mean quite a lot of work to fit them. With my bike in pieces and occupying most of the space we have out in the garage (currently) we don't have anywhere to work on his bike.

That's problem #1.

Problem #2 is time.

It's only about a month till he'll want to be out riding his bike, and in that short timeframe he's gonna have to make all the necessary mods to his bike as well as helping me out with the final fabrication for my bike.

Needless to say, it's too much work.

That leaves us with one "final" solution:

Fit the wheels on my bike. The front wheel is a straight fit, only need to make some spacers for the wheel but the disc size is correct as well as the disc-to-caliper offset. Unsure about the rear wheel right now but I believe there shouldn't be much trouble fitting it.

Guess I'll have to go with the Cooley paintscheme now.

Comment

I have one other solution...

You could send them to me .

Comment

Originally posted by pontiacstogo View Post
                I have one other solution...

You could send them to me .
                I'll trade them for your Katana or CB1100.

I'll try and get some more pictures up tomorrow, hopefully with the wheels mocked up. Gonna try and do some measurements then.

Comment

Just went through this whole thread. Love what you're doing and look forward to following along.

Comment

Those wheels are Fookin' SEXY!!!

Great

Comment

Those wheels are Fookin' SEXY!!!

Great work so far, loving this build.

You are setting the bar very high - excellent!

Oops, sorry for the double post...

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments guys!

Update as promised. Fitted new bearings and made a new spacer. Wheels fit like a glove.

Need to do some lathe work to the sprocket hub. The bearings were 30x55mm (30mm ID, 55mm OD) with a 2,5mm bushing to get the axle diameter down to 25mm. Only bearings I can use for the 28mm axle have a 58mm OD, meaning I gotta shave off about 1,5mm to get them to fit. Easy pie.

Now it's just a matter of getting some bushings made so it's all centered. Gonna start dealing with that sometime tomorrow I think. Also need to get some rubber fitted to the wheels. Got some spare tires that will do for the mock-up and moving the bike around in the garage. Also gonna call an old classmate of mine to see if he can lasercut me a new break disc for the rear wheel.

More to come.
                        Last edited by Guest; 03-20-2010, 06:51 PM.

Comment

The sharp lines, combined with the modern underpinnings, create a very well put-together look. The inherent simplicity of the GS engine, and the overall cleanliness of the build give it a very purposeful, industrial look. Nothing wasted. The stance makes it look like it's leaping forward, just on the paddock stands.

It's sorta like a brick wrapped in crushed velvet. It's classy looking, but sharp-edged and hard as nails at the same time.

Comment

The plot thickens......this is getting really good

Comment

This is an awesome build. You are the man!

Comment

The more i see that exhaust can, the closer my fingers get to the buy it now button.
                                Everything is looking awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X