Yoshimura GSX1135R (EFE) Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
    Mindless, is there anything that you have left out that could possibly make that scooter any more FANTASTIC?

Daniel
    Machine guns and rocket boosters.

Comment

Mindless,

I'm thinking this may be the GS of the year winner!

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
        Luv the "34" great work the header on that thing is amazing, you have inspired me to get moving on mine....
        ...and your bikes are an inspiration to me. You really make an effort to make them to look their best.

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
        Mindless, is there anything that you have left out that could possibly make that scooter any more FANTASTIC?

I've got it! You have an IHC turbo-charger hidden under the seat!

Daniel
        Originally posted by FreshStart View Post
        Machine guns and rocket boosters.
        Hahaha.

The only thing I have my eyes on right now is probably cooler brakes and a cooler set of wheels. ISR, Brembo, AP Racing... there's so much cool stuff out there, but spending $2-3000 on that? I dunno...

Wheels on the other hand... wouldn't mind having these for those days at the track...

Gonna keep a look out this summer for some forged magnesium wheels from an Aprilia RSV Mille R (mine are from the Tuono, non-forged alloy). They bolt right in and weigh 40% less.

Originally posted by Smokinapankake View Post
        Mindless,

I'm thinking this may be the GS of the year winner!
        If I ever manage to get some paint on it maybe someone will vote for it. Doubt a bike in primer with sharpie painted decals will win anything.

Comment

Cooler and oil lines all sorted out.

Very pleased.

Comment

maybe you would like these
            Originally posted by Mindless View Post
            ...and your bikes are an inspiration to me. You really make an effort to make them to look their best.

DYMAG Carbon Fiber Rims - Honda CBR 600RR **LOWERED PRICE**

• Watch<LI class=pipe>|
            • Share<LI class=pipe>|
            • Print <LI class=pipe>|
            • Report Ad
            .jsonly { display:none; }

View larger image

Date Listed06-Apr-11 Last Edited06-Apr-11 Price$1,500.00 AddressMetcalfe, ON, Canada
            View map

Will fit 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 Honda CBR 600rr

These rims were originally for a 99 Hayabusa, but were re-fitted for a 2003 Honda CBR 600rr. It is therefore a 6" wide rear wheel.

Rims weigh only 2.2kg - DRASTICALLY LOWERING THE WEIGHT OF YOUR MOTORYCLE!

Rims were $7000 new.

Rims are currently fitted with Braking USA Full Floating Wave Rotors, worth over $700 new. Rear Rim comes mounted with cush drive and with a custom sprocket, as well as a Titanium Sprocket (never need to be changed - paid $300 for custom sprocket from Sunstar).

Asking $1500 for complete set-up. This includes new wheel bearings, rotors, sprocket - just add tires and you're ready to go! 613-315-2535

Hahaha.

The only thing I have my eyes on right now is probably cooler brakes and a cooler set of wheels. ISR, Brembo, AP Racing... there's so much cool stuff out there, but spending $2-3000 on that? I dunno...

Wheels on the other hand... wouldn't mind having these for those days at the track...

Gonna keep a look out this summer for some forged magnesium wheels from an Aprilia RSV Mille R (mine are from the Tuono, non-forged alloy). They bolt right in and weigh 40% less.

If I ever manage to get some paint on it maybe someone will vote for it. Doubt a bike in primer with sharpie painted decals will win anything.

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post
              Would I like them?

Comment

with wheels and rotors $1500 would be a steal

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post
                  Will those fit my 1100?

Comment

Will those fit my 1100?
                    Making some spacers should be easy enough and different bearings can usually be sorted out too.

If I had the cash, I'd snag them without a second though even if I wouldn't use them on my bike (wrong look for me). Bargains like these are rare. I mean, you save $5500 compared to buying them new.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindless View Post
                      Making some spacers should be easy enough and different bearings can usually be sorted out too.

If I had the cash, I'd snag them without a second though even if I wouldn't use them on my bike (wrong look for me). Bargains like these are rare. I mean, you save $5500 compared to buying them new.
                      Dang I am tempted..

Comment

Dont paint the bike. I like its Mad Max style look. All it needs is a cargo net around the tank

Comment

Dang I am tempted..
                          Gonna give you another reason to buy them: These wheels only weight around 4 pounds each. That's a massive reduction in unsprung weight - the greatest performance improvement you can get on a bike. It accelerates faster, it stops faster, it turns faster, it turns easier, it turns smoother.

There's no real downsides.

Some argue that carbon fiber wheels are weak and brittle. Well...

Rever Corsa strongly believes in the quality of BST carbon fiber wheels, and they have simply destroyed all the misconceptions of carbon fiber wheels. Not on...

That's a set of BST wheels but those Dymags should be able to withstand the same treatment.

Originally posted by FreshStart View Post
                          Dont paint the bike. I like its Mad Max style look. All it needs is a cargo net around the tank
                          Blasphemy! If I wanted a ratbike, I'd just have rattlecanned it black when I bought it.

Comment

Viktor, I'm not getting ANY work done today. I stumbled over your thread and read every word.
                            Damn!
                            I love the bike, and would KILL for your workshop and skills!

Fy faen, kompis, for en jævlig bra sykkel!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hovmod View Post
                              Viktor, I'm not getting ANY work done today. I stumbled over your thread and read every word.
                              Damn!
                              I love the bike, and would KILL for your workshop and skills!

Fy faen, kompis, for en jævlig bra sykkel!!!!
                              Hahaha, tack.

Ut i garaget och jobba nu!

Comment

Today I finished up the exhaust. All I need now is to pack the muffler with some fiberglass braid and rivet it together. The rivets I had were too long (18mm) so tomorrow I'll go out hunting for some 10x4.8mm gas-tight aluminium rivets.

Anyway, here are the pictures.

Very pleased with it. The springs just make it look right somehow.

Comment

Working...
                                X