700 in the showroom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

700 in the showroom?

Sent a few pics to a buddy who is the general manager of the local Suzuki, Kaw and Yamaha dealer. Long story short it ended up on there showroom floor for the month of December as a display. Funny thing, as I rolled it through the door a guy in his twenties asked if it was a 2010 arrival... he wasn't joking! I guess I better replace the visible rusty bolts!

Last edited by Guest; 12-10-2009, 12:39 AM.

Thats pretty cool..excellent looking bike...its funny you mention the kid at the door...5 of the 6 guys I work with my bike is older than they are..lol

DDM

Comment

I don't blame them for putting it up on the showfloor - it's a damn fine looking bike. Great job fixing it up to that level of appearance.

As for the guy at the door - those moments are always funny. I'm only 21 so my 1150 is four years older than me, but I'm more knowledgeable about 80's bikes than I am about modern ones.

Comment

My 850 is 2 years older than I am. and the old bikes are damn easy to work on. Aside from the rust that happens up here.

I would have tried to see if they would keep the bike there all winter had it been mine. Climate controlled and no dirt/dust? HECK YEAH! lol

Comment

Cool, What are you going to do if you get a serious offer on it?

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman View Post
            Cool, What are you going to do if you get a serious offer on it?

Hmm..I guess it depends on the offer

Comment

I know they're apples and oranges but you can definitely see the lineage when you look at the V-Strom in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by drhach View Post
                I know they're apples and oranges but you can definitely see the lineage when you look at the V-Strom in the background.
                Good observation..

Comment

Working...
                X