Slick Looking Bars and Risers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slick Looking Bars and Risers

Saw this over on FZ1 site. These are Easton Bars available in a range of heights, bends and pull backs.

Cycle Gear has a sale on them for $99. I know your laughing saying man that dudes got deep pockets but wait. The deal includes the risers and mounting hardware.

We have a lot of members doing front end conversions and the risers are hard to find and expensive. Would this combo work? I'm not 100% positive but I think it looks slick myself. I certainly wouldn't pay even $50 for bars but $99 for whole package seems like a good deal. Don't know how long special will last. Again I can't say for certain that they would work on GS applications. jwhelan65 has a FZ1 GenII so he may be able to shed some light on the subject if anyone was interested in some bling.

Link to Cycle Gear

Doctorgonzo ?

Originally posted by doctorgonzo View Post
    If the RF900 triples just don't work right I'm headed to other options.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
      Doctorgonzo ?
      Checking it out right now!

Comment

Those look like they're rubber isolated? are they? If so it would be a bit of a pita to convert the gixxer or whatever top clamp you're using to those without boring some big arse holes. Neat product but search eBay. I found like 50 different risers for about the same or less money.

Comment

The other issue is the diameter of the bar, 1-3/8". So that's custom grips, throttle tube, switchgear. Looks great but too much $.

Comment

Just posted it in my rebuild thread, found a set of 02 Bandit 1200 upper and lower triple, stem, and risers for $130 shipped. The 43 mm RF900 forks will work (29.5") or I could potentially look for longer 43mm forks.

Last edited by Guest; 12-11-2009, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Here is a shot of the FZ1 GenII risers and bars off my 08. I have never had them off but they appear to extend below the triple, meaning the Easton risers may require a larger hole depending on how they mount. However for $99 you can hardly go wrong, either way you have to fab something.

Last edited by Guest; 12-11-2009, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Here is my current conversion set up..ebay find..

Last edited by Guest; 12-11-2009, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman
                  Kid,

I'm sure there are many risers that are cheaper, question for me is are they as attractive.

Major Disclaimer:
                  I want to say one more time for those reading these posts I don't know if this set up will work on GS or modified GS applications. Do some research before leaping off a $99 cliff.
                  Saving $25 bucks when you get a new and beautifully finished tapered handlebar set doesnt seem to add up. $99 is cheap for the setup when you consider it is nearly custom with all those riser and bar options.

I know the USD on my GSXR everything is pretty tight so I will have to study everything to see if I can go that way.

I was also wondering about the bar diameter, the taper is kinda cool.

Comment

Cycle Gear also do similar Pro Taper bars. The riser set is only $40 from memory but you do need a $60-70 bar in order to fit them....

I like Easton Bars for my mountain bike if that helps anyone! I would / will go this route if I don't get on with my clipon's with the profiled bar each side that I have.

Aluminium might be a bit "buzzy" I suppose could be the only thing.
                    1980 GS1000G - Sold
                    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
                    X