Front tun signal relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front tun signal relocation

I got a fairing for the GS and it's going to require moving the turn signals.
    It's made for an SV650..

They either need to move back and up near the top of the tree, below the lower tree or maybe back onto the frame..

Anyone done this or have a picture of one?

Ever think about using a set of the mini LED lights? A friend just mounted the carbon fiber look ones to a custom GS1100E's tailsecton.

My preference is stock everything but these do look really clean.

Comment

Do something custom, get some different turns and make them work with that fairing

Comment

Whatever I do be it aftermarket lights or stock they have to be moved..
        The fairing covers the stock location.
        I was thinking of making a mount tab form angle aluminum stock and mounting it under the lower tree pinch bolts.

Another idea was mini LED lights on the ends of the lower tree chrome cover.

Comment

This is what I'm dealing with..
          The fairing is made for an SV650..
          except for covering the turn signal mounts it's a bolt on job..
          I'll have to also remove the chrome trim on the lower tree as the fairing will rub on it.
          That kinda sucks because I was going to mount a pair of flush mount turn signals in place of the reflectors. I may still make brackets to do that.

Last edited by Guest; 12-18-2009, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Go with your plan for fabbing up brackets to mount them somwhere close to those reflectors. Some small LEDs on short stalks would look nice.

Alternatively, you could get some surface mounts and fit them to the fairing or even better use short stalks and mount them at the bottom of the fairing.

Nice fairing by the way.

Cheers,
            Spyug
            Last edited by Guest; 12-18-2009, 12:30 PM.

Comment

I used the aluminum Emgo signals with smoked lenses, and made a mount to bolt them to the frame.

Comment

Working...
              X