Snow Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow Tires

Just got my Bridgestones mounted, had them resting on a tree while I was opening the cellar door So why not grab a pic. Using a small non dealer shop now for mounting. He typically does HD custom work so I figured he would be capable of not scratching the rims.
    I was right. Nice guy with a dog (some type of Mastif) that's the size of a truck.

He's got all brand new mounting equipment and uses a new balancing system that effectively is just adding coated lead BBs inside the tire. They spin freely and find their natural balance position as soon as you start moving. Just had my FZ1 wheels mounted using same system. We will see how they wear. One thing I love about it is there are no stick on or crimp on weights to get lost. Which seems to happen every time I clean my wheels with Simple Green.

One more of Brake side. Amazing how many characters Suzuki puts on the spokes on the sprocket side. Luckily the ugly sprocket hides the writing.

Measured up the GSXR1100 rotors that came with this set of wheels and they were right at the wear limit of 4.5 mm thick. So I picked up a set of EBC Prolite Rotors off Ebay for the front. Should have them next week. They are a gold color on the inner carrier so should help break up the black a little. May go back to the six pot calipers for this build haven't made up my mind yet although it doesn't really take that long to switch them out.

What else are you gonna do on the shortest day of the year to fend off the depression.

Comment

Great pics isleo, your photography is incredible!

Comment

Thanks Joe, A little experiment with black and white in color

The sun was setting at 4 pm (Doh!) and the wheels were catching the reflection.

Comment

Something special about fresh powder coat and fresh rubber....yes I know I need therapy

those little yellow "suzuki" decals would look wicked on those wheels.

Comment

I worked with a former engineer from Goodyear who's job use to be going to the races (all kinds) mounting the tires and giving advice. We use to call him " Rubber Head".

So yea, you have to try and show some reserve when tire pics get you excited.

Comment

those little yellow "suzuki" decals would look wicked on those wheels.[/QUOTE]

I like your small tire decals , I was thinking about "BattlAx" if I go with anything.
              Last edited by isleoman; 12-23-2009, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Yeah I went with Pirelli decals on mine..

Comment

I think going to go gloss on my 3 spokes as well. Looks great!

Comment

Smells

There are some smells that are great, fresh baked bread, a good rain on a summer afternoon, and the smell of fresh rubber!

Comment

Got the same tires.
                      Not that many choices that will fit that are priced reasonably.

Comment

Originally posted by Ponderosa View Post
                        There are some smells that are great, fresh baked bread, a good rain on a summer afternoon, and the smell of fresh rubber!
                        Jwhelan wrote: "Something special about fresh powder coat and fresh rubber....yes I know I need therapy"

I agree with both of these gentlemen.
                        I guess that I need therapy as well.

Eric

Comment

The gloss powder does look good. I'm a little partial to polished wheels though.

Comment

Working...
                          X