Vetter Saddlebag Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vetter Saddlebag Question

Are the brackets for Vetter Saddlebags bike specific? I see them listed on eBay for different yr/mk/mdl but I don't know if that's what they fit or if that's just what they were on?

Thanks and Merry Christmas

Jim Carlson

I would say that the answer to your question is probably yes and no. The bags are definitely universal. I don't have it handy, but I have the original paperwork that came with my saddlebags when they were new. The Suzuki stuff is all very similar with only slight dimensional variations. If you cross brands, you may have other mounting issues. It's not an easy question. Consider though that they tried to make these as "universal" as possible. So, if you buy from one brand it may fit another without too much hassle. Craig Vetter maintains a website where there is some discussion of fitment as well as owner's manuals.

Vetter Fairing, Vindicator, Liberator, Mystery Ship, Winged Wheels, blue max, phantom fairing, quicksilver, bullet, fairing lowers

Notice the front portion of the saddlebag mount frame has a bolt hole. Mine (For the GS1000) does not. Mine is actually clamped on.

Comment

The mounts are specific for the bike. I've seen honda goldwings differ by one year and the mounts woudn't work. Same with 2 yamaha 1100 i owned . one was a 78 the other was a 79. 2 completely diffeent mounts. My friends goldwings were the same way. different by 3 years. Not at all alike. The bags mount the same if they are the same model of bags, but use different mount brackets

Comment

Working...
      X