No announcement yet.

Smokin's 82 Kat Restorification project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a real big sport bike fan but damn that thing looks good.... it could make me a convert.

Paul

Comment

Thanks Paul,

It's been quite the learning experience for me.....

I've always thought the early Katana's were the coolest of all bikes, with a special nod going to the 84-86 pop up headlight version.

I'm very lucky to have one of each and a very patient wife. Not necessarily understanding, but patient nonetheless...

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinapankake View Post
        ...I've always thought the early Katana's were the coolest of all bikes, with a special nod going to the 84-86 pop up headlight version...
        Yep, Kats have a very unique ability to grab the eye and keep it. We didn't get the 'pop-up' version in the states.

Any up-dates on this one???

Comment

Hi Smokin' great work as always and thanks for the plug pic. Just remember someone is always watching, cheers.
          Badgezz, we don need noh stinkin' badgezz!
          Shin-Ken 1074
          1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
          1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement folks,

Getting cold around here so I haven't been riding too much lately. My cut off is about 40 deg F so when the mornings are mid 30's it may be time to put em away for the winter.

No updates on the 84 Pop up. I'm debating on whether to take it under the blade this year like I did the 82, but not sure yet. I won't be able to replace the wiring harness, and I still have bodywork on the 82 to do so I may not get to it for a while.....
            He11, I may even sell it to raise funds for something a little more amenable to Mrs. Smokins' tush
            Thinking along the lines of an 83 1100E or newer - a GSX1100g or (Gasp!!) an ST1100....

Comment

Looks great. If it were mine I'd put some contrast on the wheels or paint them black & also paint the springs on those rear shockers black too

Must be good to get it back on the road.
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Aye, mate. Been a long time coming.
                Glad to have it (mostly) done. Thinking I'll do bodywork and seat this winter, then it'll really be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinapankake View Post
                  Thanks for the encouragement folks,

Getting cold around here so I haven't been riding too much lately. My cut off is about 40 deg F so when the mornings are mid 30's it may be time to put em away for the winter.

No updates on the 84 Pop up. I'm debating on whether to take it under the blade this year like I did the 82, but not sure yet. I won't be able to replace the wiring harness, and I still have bodywork on the 82 to do so I may not get to it for a while.....
                  He11, I may even sell it to raise funds for something a little more amenable to Mrs. Smokins' tush
                  Thinking along the lines of an 83 1100E or newer - a GSX1100g or (Gasp!!) an ST1100....
                  Yeah, I was with ya riiiiiiiiiiiight up until that 'ST1100' part...then I puked.
                  Just kiddin'...mostly.

Comment

Great looking Kat! I'm in the middle of getting an 82 1100 Katana back on the road after 15 years sitting in a garage collecting dust. They are a labour of Love and hopefully one day the 1100 will be mine

Comment

Lets see some pics!

Comment

Working...
                      X