Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drag Bars-GS450L

Hey,
    Does anybody have drag type handlebars on their GS450 or similar bike? Can you post a picture soI can see what it looks like? Thanks,
    DG

not only do I have them, but I have a picture too.

this is my build thread for one of my GSs, I took the drag bars off to cruise locally, I liked them on the highway and for spirited riding though. PM if you are looking to buy some.

Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

Comment

thats look awsome! Ho whard is it to change handlebars? Im wondering If i can pull that off,
      what kind of handlebars are those?

Comment

can someone tell me a brand/model of drag type handlebars that I cn put on my GS450? Thanks,
        DG

Comment

drag bars..........

you can buy drag bars from mikesxs... scroll down the list and pics of the handlebars .. he,s a good price and great service regards david

Comment

thanks, how can I tell if it will fit my bike?

Comment

Should i get pre-drilled or not? What does it mean if its dimpled? Thanks,

Comment

you don't need dimpled or drilled.

7/8" is the size of almost every dirtbike, atv, watercraft and non american motorcycle as well as most bicycles. 1" or 1 1/4" for almost everything else

12mm socket or openend wrench for the risers (the thinks that hold the bars)
                10mm for the clutch and brakes
                phillips for the electrical

unless someone changed it

buy it from a local shop if you can, they need the business and its probably going back to your local economy, unless they dont carry it, in which case ebay is quick and easy

should be $25-30 out the door

Comment

thanks Richarr! Thats a good point, ill definitly check locally before i buy on ebay.

Im not sure wether or not i should get cafe style or drag style bars though

or

Comment

Originally posted by djg42 View Post
                    thanks Richarr! Thats a good point, ill definitly check locally before i buy on ebay.

Im not sure wether or not i should get cafe style or drag style bars though

or
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
                    both are pretty cheap. I would say the drag bars since they arent as extreme. if you still want to go lower you can always change.

Comment

i found a big difference in drag bars. i originally thought they were all the same. i had a set, then bought a set for a different bike and they were 2" wider and had difference spacing on the center section. my first set were very narrow - both overall width and in the center. the second set i bought from z1 ent were wider.

Comment

Thanks everybody fro the advice/encouragement!(Richarr especially!) Did this awhile ago, but i thought i just post the end result- i went clubmens,

Comment

Working...
                        X