Superbike Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superbike Bars

Has anyone switched from the factory bars to the superbike bars? If so, how do you like them? Are they comfortable for a long ride? I am only 5'6", so I don't know if that will make a big difference or not.

Superbike bars

I started with superbike bars. A little too low for me. Went to a Daytona bar. This is my 850 with the superbike bars. I will see if I have a picture with the Daytonas.

80 GS850GT " Are we having fun yet! "

Comment

The early GS E/G model bikes with the tall seat have a different relationship between the bars and seat compared to the later bikes. For example: my old '79 550E w/Daytona bars felt identical to my '82 550T in terms of the height between the bars and seat. Another example is the '79 - '81 850G handlebars are taller than the '82+ 850G bars. Guess what I'm saying is that you can't judge from one bike to the another and even from one year to another without studying the details.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

just sit on your bike with the handlebars off, close your eyes. and put your hands where they would be comfortable for you. open your eyes and there ya go. you would be suprised how much of a difference it will make with your eyes closed. with them open you will be putting your hands where you want to see them. not where you want to feel them

Comment

They will probably be a little too low with that big fairing.
          With no wind to lean into it does not feel right.
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

The bike is not going to have a fairing. I have a new headlight, and the fairing is already off. I'm trying to get it more back stockish with a few upgrades.

Comment

I'm 6 ft and I like the superbike bars on my bike. I can ride for hours with no aching muscles. For a price of only $18 from Z1 enterprsies you can't beat them, Ted

Comment

I had Superbike bars on my GS1100E and it buzzed my palms so bad they felt electric after a ride of 30 minutes or more. My local dealer told me it was from the forward lean angle I had to ride at with the bars. I think that was also made worse by the corbin seat I had on the bike. It was comfortable to ride less the buzz afterwards.

Comment

I´ve had a Superbike bar on my 650G for more than fifteen years and I would never go back to the original bar-(Couldn´t if I wanted to, it disappeared during the last house move.)

The riding position is a lot less ¨Sit up and beg¨ for me and leaning into the wind a tad is a lot more comfortable when no fairing is used.

And, IMHO, it just plain looks better.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaggo60 View Post
                    I´ve had a Superbike bar on my 650G for more than fifteen years and I would never go back to the original bar-(Couldn´t if I wanted to, it disappeared during the last house move.)

The riding position is a lot less ¨Sit up and beg¨ for me and leaning into the wind a tad is a lot more comfortable when no fairing is used.

And, IMHO, it just plain looks better.
                    I agree with the looks better also at speed I think its more comfortable as well...

Comment

Originally posted by sachsaca View Post
                      I had Superbike bars on my GS1100E and it buzzed my palms so bad they felt electric after a ride of 30 minutes or more. My local dealer told me it was from the forward lean angle I had to ride at with the bars. I think that was also made worse by the corbin seat I had on the bike. It was comfortable to ride less the buzz afterwards.
                      What mirrors were you using? If you stuck with the OEM mirrors the new Superbike bar does vibrate. Changing to bar-end mirrors solved the vibration problem for me.

Comment

I think I will go with the superbike bar. It can always go up on ebay if I decide I don't like it.

P.S. How do you guys like the bar end mirrors?

Comment

[QUOTE=jakeolsen;1143841.....How do you guys like the bar end mirrors?[/QUOTE]

I really like them and am on my second set. (They don't do well in a tipover....). Since the Superbike bar is narrower than the stock bar, staying with the stock mirrors gives you a great view of your elbows. The barends do double duty in my experience-they sit out far enough to get a good view of the road behind you and they help to quell the vibrations from the aftermarket bar.

Comment

I rather like the look of them too. Trying to find a more modern mirror is not so easy, and the bar end mirrors seem like a cool alternative.

Comment

At 5'8" the Superbike bar I had was "ok" but Daytona's or Euro bend bars are better for me. I've tried all 3.

Dan
                              1980 GS1000G - Sold
                              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
                              X