No announcement yet.

Got bored today so...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome idea! I was thinking about doing something like this- integrating the crankcase vent with the carb overflows with an outlet line running beneath the bike. (Of course I can't have it sealed off completely!)

Comment

Originally posted by AF_Bill View Post
      And Suzuki didn't think of this because??????? Love the ideas guys. I may do this myself to my 850. I hate the individual hoses coming outta the bottom of all the carbs.

why didnt zuk use them? cause if 2 or more carbs are sticking at the same time they will flood the motor instead of runing out the over flows,even though the tube you used is bigger,eventually it will back up,and its just not needed, neat though

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
        get it patented, find a company that can do production run quantities and get yourself financially set. Thats a great looking add on and it is worth every bit of time spent to get your idea registered and protected so others dont scalp your idea and wind up with the potential millions it holds. Dont use one of those rip off "got an idea?" things you see on TV either. Go in person to an actual patent attorney withn the device in hand and get going before someone else does. I might also suggest that you take some pictures with a date stamp on them to further prove you invented it .. if you would need to defend any patent claims in the future.
        Everything there is common knowledge... i.e. nothing to patent there.

Neat solution though
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by hillsy View Post
          ...when carbs are new and properly adjusted they don't leak.

And maybe...

....not such a great idea to have a gas trough sitting right behind a hot motor??

Just sayin ....I do like the idea though
          I thought the same, though it may all drain you still have to worry about vapors being trapped above the heat. I would recommend some kind of blow off valve incase there happens to be a pressure increase in it just for safety.

Comment

why would you need a blow off valve?
            it is vented through the drain pipe so there can be no pressure build up
            1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

It may be common knowledge but that doesnt mean it is PATENTED KNOWLEDGE or a PATENTED PART!! Whoever draws up the detailed plans, names it, and then patents it is the winner..not who " has common knowledge" !
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Rubbish.... If you knew anything about patents you would know that anything that is common knowledge cannot be patented... Or if you did somehow get a patent on it then it would be worthless when you tried to protect it.
                The very fact that it's posted here would stop a patent being issued on it in any case....

I hold several patents and have been working with them across several different countries incl the US for about 10 years.... Unless you are a patent attorney I doubt you know more about the subject than me.
                1980 GS1000G - Sold
                1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                  Rubbish.... If you knew anything about patents you would know that anything that is common knowledge cannot be patented... Or if you did somehow get a patent on it then it would be worthless when you tried to protect it.
                  The very fact that it's posted here would stop a patent being issued on it in any case....

I hold several patents and have been working with them across several different countries incl the US for about 10 years.... Unless you are a patent attorney I doubt you know more about the subject than me.
                  If he puts a unique logo or finish on the tubing, he could probably get a design patent.

Unless you want to protect against exact copies, not likey any protection. Also Patents are basically the right to spend your money in court defending yourself. That is about it. If you barely have the money to pay for a patent, then it won't be of much use once you try to use it.

As you might suspect, I have chosen the path of maintaining "trade secrets" in any IP I own, so have never pursued any patents.

BTW for the DYIer

http://www.google.com/products/catal...74495911464298#
                  Last edited by posplayr; 12-18-2010, 04:58 PM.

Comment

ive been selling them on ebay for ages. people in the UK love them
                    1978 GS1085.

Comment

Well, that last reply certainly has to take the wind out of your sails- that's the exact same product being discussed: finalized, produced, and successfully marketed. Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by sandman View Post
                        Well, that last reply certainly has to take the wind out of your sails- that's the exact same product being discussed: finalized, produced, and successfully marketed. Ouch.
                        Why? If business success was predicated on having no competition them we would have a butch of shoddy non competitive products that survive simply because nothing better exists.

Comment

they are selling well in the UK. doesn't mean he cant still sell them in the USA
                          1978 GS1085.

Comment

Working...
                          X