Bar End Mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djg42 View Post
    ooops-are they on backwords? Which way are they supposed to go? Both mirrors seems exactly the same,
    Does the wider part of the mirror go on the outside? Or is that not what you mean? thanks,
    yes, wider bit to the outside. It gives u more top-corner which is typically the most useful bit, particularly for us apes. Personal preference trumps that though.

rgds
    Last edited by Guest; 02-12-2010, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
      Of course it's not a 550L but just wanted to show you flipped bars and bar end mirrors.

Actually, I'm in the process of changing the bars, I bought some clubman bars and because of the new bars, I had to change my turn signals and I'm now manufacturing new upper mount brackets for the fairing.
      Thanks for the visual..I do like it..however
      After I posted that, I walked outside with my socket set in tow, and was about to just see if I liked the flipped bar look on my bike.....and just as I was removing my clutch lever, I realized (and when I say "I" I mean "my wife pointed out") my brand new gel grip was glued to the handlebar. Maybe I'll tackle that project some other time

btw....where are those mirrors from? The ones I picked up are a bit smallish, and seem to be a little convex also....kinda like blind-spot mirrors. they work okay, but (of course) I'm liking those larger ones you guys have a whole lot more!

Andre

Comment

I think those are Napoleon Mirrors

I'd like to get a set of Halcyon's but $140 for a pair!! ouch
        Bar end mirror for Motorcycles with convex mirror glass for wider viewing areas. Classic motorcycle accessory perfectly suited for road use. Halcyon mirror

I settled for the RK round Bar end Mirrors.

Comment

yes, the trapezium shaped one in these heavier types is the ones I've found to be by far the best. I've never used one on a 2-wheeled bike though (how on earth do u filter, lol)

rgds

Comment

Never been a big fan of bar end mirrors but these are starting to grow on me...

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
              Never been a big fan of bar end mirrors but these are starting to grow on me...

that works! nice

Comment

Originally posted by conrad View Post
                the RHS one goes on just the same. Yr actual throttle sleeve shouldn't have an end, but if so lopp it off and move back a mm to clear it.

I'd be interested in your results w.r.t. vibration. I've found all the paddle type bar-end mirrors are as much use as a chocolate teapot. This commonly found wrapbackaround type is a lot better imo. Then again, wide bars and solid mounted motors exassibate the issue so ymmv. What type have you got?

Is that a rover (buick) aluminum V8 in that?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
                  Is that a rover (buick) aluminum V8 in that?
                  yes, the 'aluminium fireball' from the 60's. This one's an 1982 3.5 rebuilt in 1995 before going in. Has been real good to me. Time I repaid the favour perhaps.

rgds
                  Last edited by Guest; 02-13-2010, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drejal View Post
                    btw....where are those mirrors from? The ones I picked up are a bit smallish, and seem to be a little convex also....kinda like blind-spot mirrors. they work okay, but (of course) I'm liking those larger ones you guys have a whole lot more!

Andre

I bought them from speedmotoco.com they are the napolean bar ends.
                    These are much better than the ones that use the steel wedge to secure them this one uses a hard rubber that gets compressed when tightened, the ones with the steel wedge vibrate bad enough that it can be almost impossible to use, these with the hard rubber actually are very stable, the rubber dampens the vibration.

As for your grips, you can use hairspray to install them, every time I do something with my bars I use my wifes hairspray to reinstall the grips, it helps them to slide on but when it dries it stays very secure, it takes a little bit to break them loose when you want to remove them but don't worry it wont damage them.

Mirror BLACK BAR END MIRROR NAPOLEON…the best !

Price: $38.95
                    This item is in stock
                    Quantity:
                    http://www.visitedstatesmap.com/imag...TXUTWAWIsm.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

i got one from z1 it was like eight bucks and serves its purpose just fine

Comment

I'm not sure how well the mirrors on my bike will show up in this pic, I can take one that will show them better if anyone is interested. They are bicycle bar end mirrors made by Third Eye. The optics are every bit as clear as the Napoleans I had on it when my bike was more stock. They cost about $10-12 at most bicycle shops. They look pretty good IMO. Well made and work great for me. As I clear the front bumper of cars I pass I can see them come into view. Just throwing this out as an option for people.

Comment

Billy Ricks;

That, sir, is a really nice looking bike. Reminds me of my old 650 Katana, but in way better shape. The USD front-end conversion looks great. That classic/modern cafe look is what makes my heart pump.

-chris

Comment

One more.

Comment

Originally posted by Rundle View Post
                              Billy Ricks;

That, sir, is a really nice looking bike. Reminds me of my old 650 Katana, but in way better shape. The USD front-end conversion looks great. That classic/modern cafe look is what makes my heart pump.

-chris
                              Thanks Chris. It's about the 4th or 5th incarnation of my bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
                                Thanks Chris. It's about the 4th or 5th incarnation of my bike.
                                What can are you running on your exhaust?

Comment

Working...
                                X