Bar End Mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turtleface View Post
    What can are you running on your exhaust?
    Yosh RS-3 with a Hindle header and midpipe. Pic when the fender was still Gixxer blue.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-07-2010, 10:40 PM.

Comment

My 78 GS550E with Napolean bar end mirrors

In my opinion, bar end mirrors are a very nice addition. Here is a picture of my 78 GS550E with Napolean bar end mirrors. I have many other things planned for this bike and will post pictures as I complete them.

Comment

Maddog, all I can say is WOW!

Absolutely incredible looking bike!
        http://www.visitedstatesmap.com/imag...TXUTWAWIsm.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
          Maddog, all I can say is WOW!

Absolutely incredible looking bike!
          Well, Thank you! She isn't perfect but I think she's a very nice survivor!

Comment

Bar end Mirrors

So where did you find those mirrors???
            Originally posted by conrad View Post
            that works! nice

Comment

Originally posted by modular
              Here are my round versions....

Nice looking! What year and size is your bike? I am looking for a set of spokes for my bike. I found a set but the back was a drum brake set-up and I have a rear disc.

Comment

Originally posted by modular
                Here are my round versions....

that bike = pure sex

rgds,

Comment

I was thinking about trying out some Oberon mirrors. Expensive though, but I'm young, single, and have no debt. I'll check back into this thread in September, as aesthetic and ergonomic mods are on the end of my list, as reliability trumps both.

Here's what I was going to go for:

There's an adapter that fits between the bars and the bar-end/signal that provides a place to clamp the mirror on, so you don't have to adjust your grips for clearance. Of course, this is an extra expense. The bar-end/signals are LEDs, and flash both backwards and forwards. The mirrors themselves are 75mm, and convex. Everything is machined out of aluminum.

Comment

Here's what I was going to go for:

hmms.. now that's an interesting solution in waiting.
                    Could I possibly ask in what outlet you found these?

rgds,

Comment

Originally posted by conrad View Post
                      hmms.. now that's an interesting solution in waiting.
                      Could I possibly ask in what outlet you found these?

rgds,
                      Oberon Performance, in the U.K. Here's a link to their website:

Not sure if they have any US dealers. Keep in mind that LEDs will need resistors to make them operate correctly. They also have some mini-turn signals that I was going to pick up if the bar-end signals turn out to be bright enough to suit me. They also flash both forwards and backwards. Definitely not cheap though.
                      Last edited by Guest; 03-12-2010, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Oberon Performance, in the U.K. Here's a link to their website:

Not sure if they have any US dealers. Keep in mind that LEDs will need resistors to make them operate correctly. They also have some mini-turn signals that I was going to pick up if the bar-end signals turn out to be bright enough to suit me. They also flash both forwards and backwards. Definitely not cheap though.
                        yah, it's the fwds and backwards bit that shouts to me too. I've an application that where that could be of direct compliance use. Thanks for the link, and for the mental nudge.

Comment

A couple of shots of my bicycle mirrors. Not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure, but they are out where they do the most good. Nice clear mirrors in them and as soon as you pass a vehicle they are in your view.

Comment

I have been looking at several different versions for my bike as i have no way to install regular mirrors with my new switchgear.Do you find that the view is obstructed by your arm at all. My wife has a factory set on her street triple and they are great but you cant buy them without the triumph logo, bummer

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post
                              I have been looking at several different versions for my bike as i have no way to install regular mirrors with my new switchgear.Do you find that the view is obstructed by your arm at all. My wife has a factory set on her street triple and they are great but you cant buy them without the triumph logo, bummer
                              Not at all. At most I have to look around my wrist, but only slightly. Not anything more than cocking the neck a tiny bit. After that I have a clear view into the lanes along side and the lane I'm in. I was pleasantly surprised with them. I have mine adjusted to where I just catch a glimpse of my knee on the inner edge of the mirror. For only $12 or so they are a bargain. I just tried one at first because I figured I wouldn't like them. There wasn't much to dislike once I tried one.

Comment

just went out and sat on my bike again but i think with my bars it will be a problem the search continues

Comment

Working...
                                X