Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need pic of a GS1100GZ with a GSXR front end

thinking of doing this on my project

I've done it on my 650, should give you a rough idea?

Comment

I beleave it should be done

Comment

Originally posted by 82gs1100 View Post
        I beleave it should be done

Made mine a completely different bike, i was hesitant but knowing what i know now i can't belive i rode it without it, so much more nimble and stable.....

Comment

Seems to be the general consensus. My plan is to do the same to my 79 850. just trying to figure out specifics so as to not lose clearance or anything necessary. As heavy as these beasts are any added nimbleness is a god send

Comment

Comment

You're going to hear about not mixing radials with bias ply tires if that's the plan. You'll have a tough time dealing with the rear on a shafty. Kosman will widen wheels but that's spendy. You can get away with a radial front and bias rear, not the other way around. If one end or the other wants to slip you want it to be the rear that can be controlled easier. You can get pretty good bias ply tires in the 120/70 for the Gixxer wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
                You're going to hear about not mixing radials with bias ply tires if that's the plan. You'll have a tough time dealing with the rear on a shafty. Kosman will widen wheels but that's spendy. You can get away with a radial front and bias rear, not the other way around. If one end or the other wants to slip you want it to be the rear that can be controlled easier. You can get pretty good bias ply tires in the 120/70 for the Gixxer wheel.

Yep went through that with my tyre shop, so i just puit bias ply front and rear... still sticky as hell, can peg down it in the pouring rain....

you just put bias front and rear, its not worth the hassle of trtying to change rears etc, just slap a bias on the front...

Comment

Working...
                X