Need advice for paint and decal application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice for paint and decal application

I'm having my bike painted locally by one friend, and having the vinyl done out of state by another friend. I'm not sure what's the right way to get this all setup and done.

Should I have the vinyl made and the paint guy apply it, with a clear coat over it? It's just going to be a stripe around the tank and fairings, similar to stock but maybe with a little twist.

My friend in NJ would like to apply the vinyl himself to the painted tank. Will that look OK? He said it can be tricky and he'd like to do it himself to make sure it comes out perfect. It is his business.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the painter about this, too. He does paint and body work, but not sure about graphics.

Thanks!

It would be good if one guy could do it as it would be less running around. This way you need to get the paint done. Shuffle off to the decal guy, then back for clearcoat.

Getting the painter to do it all would also likely be cheaper as the painter is going to charge you a bit more as he has to set up twice to do the work.

If the painter has no experience with decal application then this is what you'll need to do.

Post pics when you get it done.

Cheers,
    spyug

Comment

Working...
    X