What's a good stereo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's a good stereo?

I'm looking to put tunes on my bike but don't know what's good. I have a Vetter fairing (see pic below). I wouldn't mind a Vetter Sound or Cycle Sound if I could find one at a decent price. I've seen a few on eBay and am considering some. I also see some Chinese brands on eBay for really really cheap, but I don't know if those are any good. Looks like the JENSEN JHD905 is pretty popular on eBay too. I'd like one that has waterproof speakers, headphone jack, and one that I could plug my XM radio into. I'd prefer speakers that I can mount inside my fairing, but handlebar mounts will do. Can anyone offer any tips?

Thanks and have a great day!!

Jim

ipod and ear buds

Comment

Originally posted by kdo58 View Post
      ipod and ear buds
      I second that. Skull Buddy ear buds are very clean sounding, inexpensive, and block a lot of wind if ya don't have the music on.

Comment

I tried my ipod on a small trip on my friends SV1000 and even at full volume I couldn't hear a thing over the sound of the bike and the wind. I haven't bothered trying since I got my own bike. Is there a better solution/combination?

Comment

Originally posted by Beaver View Post
          I tried my ipod on a small trip on my friends SV1000 and even at full volume I couldn't hear a thing over the sound of the bike and the wind. I haven't bothered trying since I got my own bike. Is there a better solution/combination?
          What kind of earbuds? I have the silicone sleeve style that push into your ear canal, and I can hear my iPod just fine at half to three-quarter volume, up to 7 or 8 grand in fifth gear. These style of earbuds block almost all the wind noise my helmet misses.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtleface View Post
            What kind of earbuds? I have the silicone sleeve style that push into your ear canal, and I can hear my iPod just fine at half to three-quarter volume, up to 7 or 8 grand in fifth gear. These style of earbuds block almost all the wind noise my helmet misses.
            linky please?

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
              linky please?
              I can't find the exact model on Sony's site, but they're at least a year old, if not two. Here's the closest thing I could find to what I have now:

Comment

I can't find the exact model on Sony's site, but they're at least a year old, if not two. Here's the closest thing I could find to what I have now:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...ionalImage1%22
                Thanks; For the same money I ordered this to pair with my Blackberry Storm. Seems to have good range, battery life, functionality, sound, voice and nose cancellation. If it does all that it is well worth the $50 and I can wear it instead of ear plugs.

pretty good review
                Last edited by posplayr; 02-20-2010, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Well I got the brand name wrong. The ones I have are made by Skull Candy. Their earbuds range in price from $20 up to $100. The style I have are the Ink'd and cost me $20.

Here's the link to their site.
                  Discover life at full volume with headphones, earbuds, speakers & more. Skullcandy is your one-stop shop for new music, culture & audio built to #STAYLOUD.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                    Thanks; For the same money I ordered this to pair with my Blackberry Storm. Seems to have good range, battery life, functionality, sound, voice and nose cancellation. If it does all that it is well worth the $50 and I can wear it instead of ear plugs.

pretty good review
                    http://www.multimedialivingroom.com/...sony-drbt100cx
                    The tips of those look EXACTLY like the ones I have. Can't vouch for the sound quality over bluetooth, but as far as noise cancellation goes, a physical barrier is always best. Try all three of the tips out to see which one is most comfortable. I'm in the market for a stereo Bluetooth set myself, and I'll probably pick this up, provided your ownership doesn't turn up any odd gremlins or problems. My G1 has a 8 GB micro SD card, so I think it's time to retire the iPod to the house. Let me know how you like (or dislike) them!

Comment

The tips of those look EXACTLY like the ones I have. Can't vouch for the sound quality over bluetooth, but as far as noise cancellation goes, a physical barrier is always best. Try all three of the tips out to see which one is most comfortable. I'm in the market for a stereo Bluetooth set myself, and I'll probably pick this up, provided your ownership doesn't turn up any odd gremlins or problems. My G1 has a 8 GB micro SD card, so I think it's time to retire the iPod to the house. Let me know how you like (or dislike) them!

As you can see I have added a DC accessory plug to my left side of the handlebar right next to the chock lever. I plan to run the Blackberry Storm off the DC and let it ride in my tank bag (it has 16GBytes). With these Blue tooth earbuds, they should at least work as well as the ear plugs I currently wear, but they are attached so I don't loose them. If they play music hey wow. If I can hear and answer my phone that would be awesome. If the sound cancellation is any good at all it should be able to partially attenuate the drone of an 1166 on the freeway and that would be awesome . Of course going to the top of Yosemite I would want to hear the motor and shut the thing off.

Nice thing with the Blue tooth is, if I get off to get gas, the sound still works and I'm not disconnecting from the BB. I read one review where because of the small size, there there was no issue with the ear buds for a motorcycle helmet.

They are going for about $50 shipped but watch out some places are back ordered. If you order from amazon direct they say 1-2 months for delivery. I found a silver one from a vendor in CA which was brand new with a ripped box for $46 shipped. I'll let you know how I like it but most reviews have been good and main complaints have been with plastic clip and Ipod compatibility. One was DOA after a short time but sometimes that happens. Sound appeared to meet or exceed most people expectation. Riding on a motorcycle, I don't expect Carnegie Hall .

I'll report back when I get it.

Last edited by posplayr; 02-21-2010, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X