Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All you want to know about metal buffing and polishing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All you want to know about metal buffing and polishing.

I picked this up today from the XS650 forum. Its on the Caswell Plating site which is an excellent source for some really good products for a variety of useages. Check them out and make a copy of this:

Some really interesting information in there.

Cheers,
    Spyug

That is good, hmm you're an XS650 guy? I only have 3 plus parts at the moment, talked my self out of picking up a 79 Roadster yesterday which I will probably regret later.

Comment

Prior to my "conversion" to the GS, I was heavy into XS650s. They are great bikes. The best Brit bikes the Brits never built.

When I first dicovered them about 6 years back I was dead keen on building a 650 Cafe but I could never find one of the standards with wire wheels. I ended up with a 78 Special that became a street tracker. Great fun little bike but not comfortable for me with the plank hard fiberglass seat ( even with cushioning). I ended up squishing my Sciatic nerve in the left leg and losing the best part of a year to not being able to ride. I picked up the GS with its big fat whale of a seat to allow me back into the game. I love the seat on that bike.

I couldn't bring myself to sell it and hung on to it for a couple of years but ended up selling it last fall as I knew I wouldn't be able to ride it again for fear of buggering up my leg again. I wish I had left it stock.

I would buy another one and actually looked at a stock 76 Standard but by the time I decided to pull the trigger it was gone. They are so popular now that they're gone as soon as they get listed.

Someday I'll get another.

Cheers,
      Spyug

Comment

yam xs 650's are neat i like them a lot more than the 850's
        there still out there, i like the smooth ride, but would pregfer a reble 450, or shadow

how ever if i ever find a 1987? teal blue ,and gold yamaha virago, i want to snach it up,i love those bikes

Comment

... how ever if i ever find a 1987 ? teal blue ,and gold yamaha virago, i want to snach it up,i love those bikes __________________
          I have a customer with one just sitting and rotting under his car port.

Comment

Working...
          X