GS1100E seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100E seat

Does anyone know how to fix the gap issue (between the seat and tank) with the 1100E seats? I am thinking to flip the seat over, and use a heat gun to soften the plastic. Then apply pressure, until the plastic hardens. Let me know, thanks.

Originally posted by Don Giablo View Post
    Does anyone know how to fix the gap issue (between the seat and tank) with the 1100E seats? I am thinking to flip the seat over, and use a heat gun to soften the plastic. Then apply pressure, until the plastic hardens. Let me know, thanks.
    Don,

I don't know of any fixes for the seam gap issue. I replaced my cover with a Sargent cover which uses a separate piece of material for the rise near the tank and has a hefty sewn seam at the spot where the stock ones split. I have had my cover for five years or more and it shows no signs of splitting.

Thanks,
    Joe
    IBA# 24077
    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

I love the Corbin seats

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giablo View Post
        Does anyone know how to fix the gap issue (between the seat and tank) with the 1100E seats?
        If the bike in question is your newly acquired '83 (congrats!), looking at the pics, the problem seems to be with that particular seat....either the pan is slightly deformed, or the fastening fittings are not sound. Normally the seat will fit almost flush with the tank, maybe leaving a slight gap, big enough to slip a couple business cards through. If you have access to another 1100E seat to try, you might find it fits better. FWIW, I've seen plenty of improperly fitting Corbin seats too, not quite flush at the tank, and sometimes at the tail piece.
        Tony.
        '82 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy View Post
          seam gap issue.
          I think he means between the tank and the seat pan. Mine is bad cause I stretched my seat cover too tight.

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

This is common when you have one of these recovered, I had the same problem with a Sargents I had done. I had to send it back and have them loosen it up. The problem, so I was told is applying new tight material on an old platform. After they fixed it I would say its about 70% better but not perfect.

Comment

Working...
            X