Decal sizing help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decal sizing help please.

Could anyone please tell me the dimensions of the "Suzuki" decal for the tank on the 82 Katanas?

I got decals from E-bay, as mentioned, but they are the wrong colour and too large for the tank so I will need to get them cut locally after all.

If I can get the height and width of a single letter I can provide that with the set I have to the printer for scanning and resizing.

As always, any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
    spyug

Not the answer you were looking for but, http://www.reproductiondecals.com/default_frameset.html?content.html~main. They have them.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-03-2010, 12:38 PM.

Comment

You should be able to order them direct from Suzuki. I just got a pair for a restoration on an 83 last week. Suzuki part #68111-33200-05F $9.57 a piece. Thats for the tank (Suzuki) decal.
      The Katana emblem is part#68131-34320-L96. Suzuki even has the stickers for the choke, on and off still available.

Comment

Thanks but that is not what I am after. I need them in silver, the stockers are that gawd aweful tomato red. The idiot e-bayer accepted the order for silver, confirmed it and then sent me black.

I'll just guestimate or if too pricey leave them off altogether.

S.

Comment

Originally posted by spyug View Post
          Thanks but that is not what I am after. I need them in silver, the stockers are that gawd aweful tomato red. The idiot e-bayer accepted the order for silver, confirmed it and then sent me black.

I'll just guestimate or if too pricey leave them off altogether.

S.
          I'll get you the dimensions, post them tonight.

Comment

I'm sure if you contact Reproduction Decals they will be more than happy to make you a set of tank decals in silver if you have trouble sourcing them.

Comment

Thanks guys. Sourcing is not a problem as they can be made locally I just need the sizing. The ones he sent me are likely 3/16" too big all the way around the individual letter.

I appreciate all help.

Cheers,
              spyug

Comment

Ok, the letters are 42mm high.
                The "S","U","Z" letters are 49mm wide
                The "K" is 52.50mm wide
                The "I" is 16mm wide
                Spacing between the letters is 2.20mm
                Total length of "suzuki" is 279mm

Hope this helps

Comment

Thank you Mr. Hitman that is exactly what I need.

Much appreciated sir.

Cheers,
                  spyug

Comment

Working...
                  X