Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luggage (topcase) photos please...

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a top case luggage but I am not sure of the look yet.... what do you have? Do you like/dislike? Why/why not?... and please can we see some pics.

Thanks much.

No one?

Not an interesting topic?

This is what I am looking at:

from http://coocase.com/showcase/v36_wizard.html

any opinions?

Be Safe.

Comment

My GS850 with fugly low-rent Chinese Givi knockoff:

Hard to see here...
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

My '81 750L with the "old school" Bates trunk. I like it, you can put alot of stuff in there. I've since taken it off and got a tank bag. I'm going to use the Bates for longish trips when more stuff is required.

Larry D
        1980 GS450S
        1981 GS450S
        2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

This one is actually older than the 850 it sits on. It was made by a company named Accessory Research Engineering; I bought it in about 1977. That was back in the days before you could buy a touring bike. You bought a motorcycle and then got the fairing and luggage from aftermarket to make it a touring bike.

This one is a top of the line model from Office Depot.

Maybe Plane Crazy will be along with a picture of the ice chest that served as his top box for a time.

I am very interested in this thread as I am also looking to get another top box, this one for my 1100E. There appear to be two premium box lines serving the U.S. market fight now, Givi and Shad. Both are made in Europe. Then there are the Givi knockoffs available from JC Whitney and other places for about a third of the price. And I see some other style offered by many vendors on Ebay for a price a little higher than the Givi knock off. I haven't found anything yet that has both the look and the function I am seeking.
          Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

I just ran across this which looks like a pretty good deal for a large capacity box. It is 48 liters and the price is right.

Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Trunk

I'm going to get one of these for my L. Seems like a good price. I've got to pick one up in the next month so the lady can rest on the way to NV.

Comment

Working...
              X